Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #16

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 25 2008, 02:52 PM) *
where did you see this?
i think if the bulls did do this it would be either beasley/augustin or rose/jordan, but im not really sure why they would do that because love, westbrook, gordon, mayo, and bayless would all be gone.

This came off a Bucks fan forum where the poster who brought up the information is well respected and known to have inside connections. It has since flowed through to a couple Bulls forums, including this one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #17

All-Star

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 25 2008, 03:04 PM) *
The idea of bring Chris Bosh to the bulls was out on another thread. We could trade the #8 pick, Gordon/Deng, Tyrus, maybe one other player of their choice that would make it fair?

Another option is for the Bulls to make that deal, acquire a lotto pick that makes the Wolves legit players for Alexander and throwing out a deal to acquire the 3rd overall pick (and get Beasley, if in fact, Pax has fallen in love with both guys). However, that would be a very interesting idea and I'd be all about picking up Bosh.

However, it looks like Toronto is going to acquire jermaine O'Neal for TJ Ford and that will give them a pretty formidable low post duo if O'Neal is healthy (plus it gives them a nice expiring contract in two years). Ford was injury prone (like O'Neal) and is expandable given the emergence of Calderon.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 25 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #18

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25 2008, 06:16 PM) *
The Bulls have always been big fans of Love and I would expect him to be the pick at 8 (unless Lopez somehow falls to 8). They still need that big with an offensive game and both Lopez/Love possess exactly that (and Tyrus/Noah are both athletic freaks that can handle the better defensive big on any team so you shouldn't be hurt by Lopez/Love's less than desirable athletic ability).

Drew Gooden is apparently on the block as well.

I'd be shocked if Love was still there at 8....
THAT'S they guy I'd want if Pax makes a move.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #19

All-Star

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 25 2008, 03:10 PM) *
Well I don't know who we'd go after with the number 8 pick. I sure hope its not Brook Lopez. That guy has mega bust written all over him.

I'd love to have DWade if it didn't involve giving up the number 1 pick but then I don't even know what we could even give them that would be worth considering..

I'm a fan of Brandon Rush but he's projected to go in the teens..

Heck, if the Heat are really taking the Rose or Bust approach, you could work out a deal where you swap 1st round picks (one of the incentives the Bulls give up) plus Hughes/Hinrich/Tyrus Thomas or something along those lines. The Bulls get Wade, play him alongside Sefolosha and Deng (I'm perfectly happy with that). Beasley comes in as a scoring option as well. Wade can handle the point, Sefolosha is a solid point forward/2 guard (defensively strong), and the Bulls swing a deal involving Gordon or someone else to strengthen the low post?

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #20

All-Star

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 25 2008, 04:21 PM) *
I'd be shocked if Love was still there at 8....
THAT'S they guy I'd want if Pax makes a move.

With the trades going on and the rumors of some of these smaller guards moving up in the draft (Eric Gordon's of the world), you will likely see one of Love/Lopez fall a couple spots.

Another option is if the Bulls move Deng in some sort of deal is to go after Rush, who, I feel will make an immediate impact in this league and is incredibly under-valued because he consistently took on a lesser role because he had so much other tremendous talent around him.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 25 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #21

6th Man

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25 2008, 06:22 PM) *
Heck, if the Heat are really taking the Rose or Bust approach, you could work out a deal where you swap 1st round picks (one of the incentives the Bulls give up) plus Hughes/Hinrich/Tyrus Thomas or something along those lines. The Bulls get Wade, play him alongside Sefolosha and Deng (I'm perfectly happy with that). Beasley comes in as a scoring option as well. Wade can handle the point, Sefolosha is a solid point forward/2 guard (defensively strong), and the Bulls swing a deal involving Gordon or someone else to strengthen the low post?

I think Wade wants to play off the ball now.....
I don't think Miami knows what the hell they're doing.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #22

All-Star

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 25 2008, 04:25 PM) *
I think Wade wants to play off the ball now.....
I don't think Miami knows what the hell they're doing.

In that case, you could potentially build a trade around Deng as opposed to Hinrich and utilize a Hinrich/Wade back-court?

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 25 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #23

6th Man

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25 2008, 06:25 PM) *
In that case, you could potentially build a trade around Deng as opposed to Hinrich and utilize a Hinrich/Wade back-court?

Rose > Hinrich IMO. Take Rose. Let Miami deal Wade wherever. Move some combination of Kirk, Deng, Ben to move up to #3. The only reservation I have about moving TT is filling the 4 spot (if we're looking to become an uptempo team).

Would anybody be adverse to moving next years #1 to complete a deal to 2 or 3?

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #24

All-Star

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 25 2008, 04:31 PM) *
Rose > Hinrich IMO. Take Rose. Let Miami deal Wade wherever. Move some combination of Kirk, Deng, Ben to move up to #3. The only reservation I have about moving TT is filling the 4 spot (if we're looking to become an uptempo team).

Would anybody be adverse to moving next years #1 to complete a deal to 2 or 3?

Wade > Rose, Hinrich or anyone else on the Bulls. It isn't even close, unless of course Wade isn't healthy. However, the guy is going to play on the olympic team and my thoughts are that is a sign that he is in fact healthy (but I'd obviously put him through a serious physical).

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #25

All-Star

It now looks as if the Grizzlies have locked onto Love at 5 and if he isn't on the board they will trade the pick to the Knicks for David Lee. That would be a pretty good return for the Knicks, although Lee is one of the few players on that roster which is actually attractive (however, at 5, they probably grab Westbrook and get a guy with someupside (Crawford/Starburry/Randolph/Curry are all going to be moved if possible in any way shape or form as Walsh tries to basically clean up the trash and start putting together an actual team).

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 25 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #26

6th Man

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25 2008, 06:41 PM) *
Wade > Rose, Hinrich or anyone else on the Bulls. It isn't even close, unless of course Wade isn't healthy. However, the guy is going to play on the olympic team and my thoughts are that is a sign that he is in fact healthy (but I'd obviously put him through a serious physical).

Healthy being the key word. Not thrilled about taking a worn out Wade either after the Olympics.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 25 2008, 06:24 PM
Post #27

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25 2008, 06:22 PM) *

Yeah, Wade and Beasley would be awesome! But as long as we still have the pieces around them, otherwise we essentially become the Miami Heat.

+Quote Post
AtHomeBoy_2000
post Jun 25 2008, 07:05 PM
Post #28

Rookie

Member No.: 203

Love + Rose = headbang.gif pray.gif pray.gif

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 25 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #29

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (AtHomeBoy_2000 @ Jun 25 2008, 08:14 PM) *
Love + Rose = headbang.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Could you imagine? Love taking the ball out baseline then heaving a chest pass to the other hoop as Rose flies by defenders on his way to scoring 2 easy points?

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 25 2008, 11:34 PM
Post #30

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25 2008, 06:42 PM) *
It now looks as if the Grizzlies have locked onto Love at 5 and if he isn't on the board they will trade the pick to the Knicks for David Lee. That would be a pretty good return for the Knicks, although Lee is one of the few players on that roster which is actually attractive (however, at 5, they probably grab Westbrook and get a guy with someupside (Crawford/Starburry/Randolph/Curry are all going to be moved if possible in any way shape or form as Walsh tries to basically clean up the trash and start putting together an actual team).

I can't imagine Love not being on the board at #5. He's the guy I absolutely want the Grizzlies taking, unless of course they can swing a deal for the #2 pick and take Beasley. Trade Miller, Lowry, and the #5 pick for the #2 pick and you have yourself a very nice nucleus of Conley, Gay, and Beasley to build around.

Also, if the Bulls found a way to trade for Wade without giving up a pick, that would be unbelievable! I just don't know why the Heat would do it only for some of our players b/c if we sent them, i.e., Gordon, Tyrus, and Gooden, wouldn't that just be the Miami Bulls + Rose? This is assuming the Heat would make this trade b/c we'd guarantee them Rose as an incentive to trade us Wade.

Lastly, regarding this Hinrich for the #8 business, I don't see Pax making the trade b/c it sounds like he's pretty set on not doing anything until he figures out what's going to happen with Deng and Gordon. But, if the trade were to happen, I'd love getting Love or Lopez at #8. If neither was there, I wouldn't like the trade as much.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 04:10 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home