post Apr 9 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Updated: April 10, 2006, 12:26 AM ET
Report: Aldridge leaving, Barnes staying at Texas

ESPN.com news services

The Texas Longhorns will reportedly be without one of their leading scorers next season.

LaMarcus Aldridge, whose sophomore season ended with a disappointing performance in Texas' overtime loss to LSU in the NCAA Tournament's Elite Eight, has told teammates and the Longhorns coaching staff he will enter the NBA draft, three sources told The Dallas Morning News.

Aldridge is projected as a possible high first-round pick in the NBA draft -- and ranks at No. 3 on ESPN Insider Chad Ford's Top 100 -- but declined to discuss his future after Texas' loss.

Aldridge's 26-point, 13-rebound performance against West Virginia in the Sweet Sixteen had scouts buzzing that he had solidified his place as a potential No. 1 pick in the draft, according to Ford. But his 2-for-14 performance against LSU had scouts backing off a little bit.

The 6-10 forward averaged 15.0 points and 9.2 rebounds a game during the regular season.

In related news, Longhorns coach Rick Barnes will remain at Texas, despite reports the North Carolina State had targeted Barnes in its coaching search, the Morning News also reported.

Barnes' annual base salary will increase from $1.3 million to $1.8 million, and he will receive a $125,000 bonus if Texas reaches the NCAA Tournament, according to the newspaper.

In 2006, the Longhorns won a school-record 30 games, and earned a share of the Big 12 regular season title.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Now we just need Stern to show the Bulls/Knicks envelope a little love on draft day cheers.gif snr.gif bullssmilie1.jpg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Apr 10 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #2

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Apr 10 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 56

I thought he was taller than 6'10

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 10 2006, 07:13 AM
Post #4

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Apr 10 2006, 01:38 AM)
I thought he was taller than 6'10

espn has him at 6'10"

These guys have him at 6'11"
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/lamarcusaldridge.asp

huh.gif

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 10 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #5

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

The one inch difference doesn't really matter, he plays a lot bigger. The guy has like a 7'5" wingspan. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Apr 10 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #6

Guests

sleep2.gif dry.gif huh.gif chair.gif ohmy.gif puke.gif

As you can see..... I dont want him!!

+Quote Post
Da Bulls 88
post Apr 10 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #7

12th Man

Member No.: 76

Bulls could use him.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 10 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 21

If this kid can go 16-8 in the NBA, I would love him. I worry about the offensive game of his, as he is a pretty skinny dude, in a big NBA. The defense will take care of itself with his footspeed and wingspan.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 10 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #9

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 10 2006, 09:18 AM)
sleep2.gif dry.gif huh.gif chair.gif ohmy.gif puke.gif

As you can see..... I dont want him!!

carney will not do it for us we might as well lose the rest of the games so we have a shot at Roy

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 10 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #10

6th Man

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10 2006, 11:06 AM)
If this kid can go 16-8 in the NBA, I would love him. I worry about the offensive game of his, as he is a pretty skinny dude, in a big NBA. The defense will take care of itself with his footspeed and wingspan.

he has the body that can add on another 25- 30 pounds if he needs. and for all of you that are qusetioning his hight he could still grow to be a 7'0 player like loul did last year. as for me i hope that we get him along with Roy from washington. pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Apr 10 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

Yessssssssss...now we just gotta land him

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Apr 10 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 24

The way he got shutdown by fat baby has me questioning a little, but before that I liked eveything I had seen from him. That game had me worried that he may not be thick enough to play Center just yet, but in comparison to all the other big guys he is probably the most talented. I would like to see Joakim come out, because he has all the moves a Center needs on O and D, to go allong with great inside and out shooting. If Joakim added 30-40 lbs he would be a no doubter at number 1.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 10 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #13

6th Man

here is the draft that i made that i would love to see for us.

http://realgm.com/src_checkdraft.php?draftid=126700

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Apr 10 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #14

All-Star

Member No.: 3

You guys really need to quit being so enamored with who we get with our 2nd pick. This is a week draft and our team needs guard help but the quality of guards out there is PATHETIC this year.

Drafting a guard in a big man dominated draft (also a bigger need on this team) would be foolish. You take Aldridge first (if he's there) and than you take another big with our 2nd pick.

Than try and find a way to trade Gordon or put together a package with our 2nd 1st round pick along with Gordon and whoever for a 2nd round pick (or maybe a signing, who knows).

Hell most of the guards that are actually decent now (and not just potential guys) are undersized and we have no need for that. Or they are tweeners (we don't need another BG).

The couple big guards that are out there can't shoot and for the most part fit more as SF's, which is a position we have ZERO need for. And considering Skiles seems to like systems that utilize good guard play, we need to find guards that can shoot and than use that shot to allow them to drive inside and obviously having guards that can shoot will also help when we kick the ball into our new found low post presence or so I hope we find a low post presence).

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Apr 10 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #15

6th Man

Member No.: 65

Welcome to chicago!!! Hope you like snow!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 08:40 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home