Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Minutes for Thabo and Tyrus (TNT)?
Bullseye
post Oct 25 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

How many minutes do you think TNT will get this season? Just wondering what your thoughts on this were.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Oct 25 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

Both will get significant minutes at times but there will also be times Skiles teaches them a lesson and keeps them out for a bit. Still you got to like both players all around abilities and both bring a unique ability to the court (Sef being a tall guard with PG ability and TT being an athletic machine).

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Oct 26 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 43

My guess would be about 10-15 minutes per game for each of them, though obviously they'll get more in some games than others. I'd be surprised if either gets many more, we have a pretty deep team. If either one does my guess would be Thabo.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Oct 26 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Tyrus will play more because he is better at this point which is suprising. Tyrus will get around 20 min a game. Duhon's minutes will go down a ton from last year. Thabo will get around 10-12 min a game.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Oct 26 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

"You've got to be careful," said Skiles. "You can get lost in the highlights and not realize all the other things (Thomas is) not doing. He can be out there four minutes and made two unbelievable plays. We need that and we like that. But we've got to look at the overall game."

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Oct 27 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #6

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

good quote

skiles said the same stuff about BG7 his rookie year

that's significant for two reasons....

1) he was right

2) despite that, if he felt that ben was the best option in a situation, he went with him regardless of the turnover and mistake factor

+Quote Post
spiderman
post Oct 30 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #7

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 227

Skiles is going to play both guys, but in favorable situations, especially early on.
Against Miami, although it's not the most favorable situation, I expect Thabo to get some minutes against Wade off the bench, as defense is expected to be a strong point for him.

TThomas will get 10-15 minutes a night early on. I'm hoping in the 2nd half, he can become a 25 minute player and help keep Big Ben and PJ Brown fresh for the playoffs.

+Quote Post
spencer958
post Oct 30 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #8

Rookie

Member No.: 299

I agree with most of you guys. Tyrus will get about 15-20 and Thabo will get 10-15 to start and
more as the season goes on and his defense gets stronger for some of the big guards/small fowards. Go Bulls!!

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Oct 31 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #9

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

early it wont be that much as we are too deep

early on thabo won't be looked at as the stopper at sg, it will be griffin.

I would expect both to get about 10 min each the first month or two and then later on maybe more like 15-18.

Like someone else said though, it will depend a lot on matchups. Like agst miami they may not play much at all but agst the bobcats it could be a bit of a blow out and they'll see tons of time.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Oct 31 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #10

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Oct 26 2006, 11:17 PM) *
good quote

skiles said the same stuff about BG7 his rookie year

that's significant for two reasons....

1) he was right

2) despite that, if he felt that ben was the best option in a situation, he went with him regardless of the turnover and mistake factor

Plus he developed into quite the player that year. Skiles is willing to play the rooks as long as they are consistently learning and not making the same rookie mistakes multiple times. These guys both have a lot of skill and with a good coach and a lot of well disciplined players around them, I think we'll see good things out of Thomas/Thabo during there tenure in Chicago.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Oct 31 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #11

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Both of these guys are going to have sporatic minutes under Skiles coming off of the bench, as do all of his bench players. The thing is I also would bet money that both players get some starts as well, when Skiles inevitablely tries something different.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:29 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home