> Our Roster..., If this trade goes through
SleepyWhiteSox
post Jul 17 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #16

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17 2006, 12:51 PM) *
Excellent post. People you have to quit thinking in terms of just statistics. Stats don't win games, hell it isn't even always talent that wins games. Its guys knowing how to play the game and maximize their abilities.

Do you honestly think that giving away jr smith to sign adrian griffin for 3 years was the best they could possibly do??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jul 17 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #17

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 17 2006, 01:43 PM) *
Do you honestly think that giving away jr smith to sign adrian griffin for 3 years was the best they could possibly do??

Obviously JR Smith has very little value around the NBA, otherwise the Hornets would have gotten more for him instead of making him a throw in on a trade.

+Quote Post
Waffles
post Jul 17 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #18

Rookie

Member No.: 201

I don't hate it at all. If we were to keep Smith, where and when would he play? Its not like we have a bunch of guards that have reached their potential. They are still improving and we don't have time(meaning mins. on the court) to figure out what smith can do. I trust Paxson and Skiles 100%

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 17 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #19

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 17 2006, 01:43 PM) *

Was Tyson Chandler plus the loss of PJ Brown the best that the Hornets could do for Smith? it seems to hold up that his worth isn't that great right now.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 17 2006, 01:45 PM) *
Obviously JR Smith has very little value around the NBA, otherwise the Hornets would have gotten more for him instead of making him a throw in on a trade.

Exactly. You don't have two GMs dump a guy in a week and ask about his "trade value". If he was that good, he wouldn't have been packing his bags in the first place, let alone again.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jul 17 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #20

Leading Scorer

The Hornets have been shopping JR Smith for a long time and they haven't gotten jack spiff for an offer. Adrian Griffin+2 2nd rounders for JR Smith? Sign me up.

His trade value is garbage...stop pretending like it's not.

+Quote Post
Waffles
post Jul 17 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #21

Rookie

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17 2006, 12:52 PM) *
Was Tyson Chandler plus the loss of PJ Brown the best that the Hornets could do for Smith? it seems to hold up that his worth isn't that great right now.
Exactly. You don't have two GMs dump a guy in a week and ask about his "trade value". If he was that good, he wouldn't have been packing his bags in the first place, let alone again.

That avitar you have is about all that J.R. is worth.......One highlight dunk!

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jul 17 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #22

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (Waffles @ Jul 17 2006, 01:59 PM) *
That avitar you have is about all that J.R. is worth.......One highlight dunk!

Exactly. I figure it pretty much summarizes his career.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Jul 17 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #23

Bench

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17 2006, 01:52 PM) *

???

Now you're devaluing tyson even more than I would.

As much as I dislike tyson, I think the trade was a very good gamble for the hornets. Since we wanted and needed to dump salary because we signed wallace, I feel that way gave up more than we got. I still hate him, but a change of scenery, playing with a PG who is gonna be amazing, and being on a team short on size might prove beneficial to him. In short, the hornets did way better in trading jr smith than we did.

And again, my whole question is not being answered. If you think that the best we could do for trading jr smith is giving him up for peanuts and acquiring adrian griffin for three years, that's cool with me. Personally, I don't and would rather have liked to have seen griffin signed for 1 or 2 years if he was truly the best available option. Not to mention the fact that I'm not a big fan of bringing back fringe players...

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 17 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #24

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 17 2006, 04:19 PM) *
???

Now you're devaluing tyson even more than I would.

As much as I dislike tyson, I think the trade was a very good gamble for the hornets. Since we wanted and needed to dump salary because we signed wallace, I feel that way gave up more than we got. I still hate him, but a change of scenery, playing with a PG who is gonna be amazing, and being on a team short on size might prove beneficial to him. In short, the hornets did way better in trading jr smith than we did.

And again, my whole question is not being answered. If you think that the best we could do for trading jr smith is giving him up for peanuts and acquiring adrian griffin for three years, that's cool with me. Personally, I don't and would rather have liked to have seen griffin signed for 1 or 2 years if he was truly the best available option. Not to mention the fact that I'm not a big fan of bringing back fringe players...

I think he was talking about Smith. huh.gif

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Jul 17 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #25

Bench

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 17 2006, 04:20 PM) *
I think he was talking about Smith. huh.gif

he was, but by asking if tyson was the best they could do for jr smith, he's basically saying that tyson isn't worth much at all either.

+Quote Post
Da Bulls 88
post Jul 17 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #26

12th Man

Member No.: 76

Watch Griffin suck this year. Will see how good he really is. jpshakehead.gif

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jul 17 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #27

12th Man

Member No.: 183

i did this on the thread that said gooden was close to coming for duhon and sweets...

PG- Hinrich/Pargo/miles
SG Gordon/ Thabo/Baden
SF Noc/Deng/Griffen
PF Gooden/T2/Allen/Khyrapa
C Wallace/Brown/luke

15 man looks really really good if it does go through

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 17 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #28

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 17 2006, 04:43 PM) *
Watch Griffin suck this year. Will see how good he really is. jpshakehead.gif

jpshakehead.gif No, we already jpshakehead.gif know how good jpshakehead.gif he really is. jpshakehead.gif He jpshakehead.gif is a proven veteran and a good leader. jpshakehead.gif

+Quote Post
Da Bulls 88
post Jul 17 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #29

12th Man

Member No.: 76

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 17 2006, 04:50 PM) *
jpshakehead.gif No, we already jpshakehead.gif know how good jpshakehead.gif he really is. jpshakehead.gif He jpshakehead.gif is a proven veteran and a good leader. jpshakehead.gif

Sure he is. Shakes my head some more. tongue.gif jpshakehead.gif

jpshakehead.gif

+Quote Post
Clifton Pondexte...
post Jul 17 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #30

NBDL

Member No.: 184

Does anyone know if Shawn Marion lives in Chicago? I just saw him working out at Equinox, 900 N. Michigan. He was talking to someone that works there and said he was going somewhere but would be back in a week. FYI, in no way do I think because Marion is working out downtown that he is destined to be a Bull, I was just curious if anyone knew if he lived around here or not.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:02 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home