Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 3 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #32

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

QUOTE (b-riann @ Jul 3 2007, 09:46 PM) *
i dont mind the curry pick. but aaron gray? puh-lease- this guy stinks

I didn't like it either until I saw how monstrous this guy was. He is like 7'2-7'3, with alot of work he can be a productive guy. He needs to get rid of that fat on his body. He had the highest body fat % in the entire draft. Don't want him having a heart attack out on the court.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jul 4 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #33

Bench

Member No.: 56

I would of liked it if Brandon Wright or Yi fell to us, but still with how we got 2 really solid contributers in the 2nd round Id have to rate this a pretty damn good draft. Noah is going to surprise some people on this board as well.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 4 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #34

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 4 2007, 03:09 AM) *
I would of liked it if Brandon Wright or Yi fell to us, but still with how we got 2 really solid contributers in the 2nd round Id have to rate this a pretty damn good draft. Noah is going to surprise some people on this board as well.

Yeah I feel the same way. Noah will impress while Hawes fails to impress. We'll be looking back on this in a couple of years and we'll be happy that Hawes wasn't taken. That is of course if Noah isn't traded for Gasol.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 5 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #35

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (b-riann @ Jul 3 2007, 09:46 PM) *
i dont mind the curry pick. but aaron gray? puh-lease- this guy stinks

Its a middle of the second round pick... I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. We are probably looking at a guy who might not dress most nights.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 5 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #36

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2007, 07:04 PM) *
I believe he was declined his scholarship to UNC because of legal problems.

Yep, they withdrew the offer because he got caught selling marijuana to an undercover cop.

Going to UNC actually probably would have HURT his stock if anything, even assuming that he didn't get that ding on his character profile. Teams will often forget character issues, just look at Sean Williams going at 17, and he had MUCH bigger issues. The bigger one was probably that he's a 6'3" SG.

His freshmen year he would have been buried behind McCants, and no way he averages as many points as he did with Lawson and Ellington eating up backcourt minutes and Hansbrough and Wright doing a number on his shot attempts. He actually probably would have fared a bit better his sophomore year when all of the studs from the National Championship team left, probably going pro after that year and ending up in roughly the same spot.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:52 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home