Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Draft-Stocks Rising/Falling IMO!, Mods do not move!! Plz
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Mar 25 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Guests

as already a weak draft, I have noticed some players on there way up in the draft and on the way down, right now I will list the players that are on there way up/same/and down. And then I will continue untill I have the ONE player I want in the draft and why. Here goes....

Stocks Rising-

Tyrus Thomas- Only a freshman but as tough as they come. He is a force down low and can get easy second chance points. Super Athletic and I think potentially moved him self from 8-12 down to 1-5 easily. If he keeps this up he can ensure himself number one.

Marcus Williams- He is so poise under pressure, if you watched him last night he just would keep on coming and coming and coming into the paint. A superb finisher around the basket and is the best assist man in the game although in this tourny he has showed both, he is averaging around 24 ppg in his games so far. Could have moved himself from 16-20 to 8-14.

Rodney Carney- The Best Athlete in the draft. A senior who has improved his 3 point shot and is shooting like 42% from there so far in this tourney. A slasher with great size and posseses good rebounding skills. Could be a superstar in the NBA. Moved himself from 6-9 to 1-4.

Big Baby Davis- Baby Shaq. A freaking Beast, actually made a three point shot today. Not fully developed yet but has improved during the tournement. If one team was to draft him this year then it will likely be a "Project" but who knows huh.gif maybe he'll end up the next shaq?

Rashad Anderson- A very very clutch shot against Washington last night. has a great 3 point shot and is an all around good player. From the last two performances hes had so far hes moved himself into id say the beginning of the second to end of 1st.

Brandon Roy- Uses both hands well and is the best Driver in the game. An average shot but with practice can be better. A solid player at both ends of the floor. A good choice for ne team. moved himself from 8-12 to 4-10.

Stock Staying The Same-

Lamarcus Aldridge- Has stayed about the same so far in average performances in the Tourney. I just dont see him do much against Solid NCAA teams and therfore I dont think I would take him #1. pry stayed around 1-4.

Adam Morrison- still scored 24 points in a losing effort against UCLA. I garantee u if he gets to Boston, they will select him in a heartbeat (for obvioius reasons..) He could be the next larry bird. 1-4

Dee Brown- The one man fast break didnt do so well in this years tourney and IMO is overated but thats besides the point. He didnt score well but rebounded terrificly and he has probably stayed any where from end of 1st to beginning of 2nd.

Sheldin Williams- had solid performances but nothing too drastic. A undersized big man. would be good for a championship caliber team.

James Augustine- A great Rebounder,one of the best. Would be a great choice in beginning to middle of Second Round.

Stock Falling-

Rudy Gay- hasnt performed well at all during Ucons run. He has all the potential in the world but needs to perform in big games so that he can raise his draft status.
anywhere from 2-7 depending on his remaining games.

Josh Mcroberts- Did zilcho in the tourney nuff said, a project

JJ Redick- had a terrible tourney only scoring 2 points in his final game probably dropped him a couple slots. 10-16

Ronnie Brewer- Did ne one even notice this guy in the Tournament? I sure didnt.

Now here are the possible top five guys I would want on the Bulls

1.Tyrus Thomas
2.Rodney Carney
3.Lamarcus Aldridge
4.Rudy Gay
5.Big Baby Davis

Now Here are the final 2

Rodney Carney and Tyrus Thomas, As you can see, I love Athletes, I think Thomas would be some sort of risk if we take him but Carney wouldnt and therfore he is the guy I want the bulls to draft, but I WOULD LOVE them to draft Thomas if not Carney.

MODS DO NOT DELETE OR MOVE THIS THREAD!! I WORKED SO HARD ON THIS!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Mar 25 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #2

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 24

Davis is nice, and has a great stroke for a man of his size, but his not the next Shaq.

1. He is 5 inches shorter than Shaq.

2. His presence is better from the 5-10 foot range than inside despite his size.

3. He projects to a PF in the NBA, not a center.

Do I think he'll be a good player in the NBA, yes. However, I dont see him being a superstar, he will be great PF for some team to draft and get good D and shot making ability. He looks more like the next Michael Sweetney(with more hops and much better D) to me than the next Shaq.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 25 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 25 2006, 08:16 PM)
as already a weak draft, I have noticed some players on there way up in the draft and on the way down, right now I will list the players that are on there way up/same/and down. And then I will continue untill I have the ONE player I want in the draft and why. Here goes....

Stocks Rising-

Tyrus Thomas- Only a freshman but as tough as they come. He is a force down low and can get easy second chance points. Super Athletic and I think potentially moved him self from 8-12 down to 1-5 easily. If he keeps this up he can ensure himself number one.

Marcus Williams- He is so poise under pressure, if you watched him last night he just would keep on coming and coming and coming into the paint. A superb finisher around the basket and is the best assist man in the game although in this tourny he has showed both, he is averaging around 24 ppg in his games so far. Could have moved himself from 16-20 to 8-14.

Rodney Carney- The Best Athlete in the draft. A senior  who has improved his 3 point shot and is shooting like 42% from there so far in this tourney. A slasher with great size and posseses good rebounding skills. Could be a superstar in the NBA. Moved himself from 6-9 to 1-4.

Big Baby Davis- Baby Shaq. A freaking Beast, actually made a three point shot today. Not fully developed yet but has improved during the tournement. If one team was to draft him this year then it will likely be a "Project" but who knows huh.gif maybe he'll end up the next shaq?

Rashad Anderson- A very very clutch shot against Washington last night. has a great 3 point shot and is an all around good player. From the last two performances hes had so far hes moved himself into id say the beginning of the second to end of 1st.

Brandon Roy- Uses both hands well and is the best Driver in the game. An average shot but with practice can be better. A solid player at both ends of the floor. A good choice for ne team. moved himself from 8-12 to 4-10.

Stock Staying The Same-

Lamarcus Aldridge- Has stayed about the same so far in average performances in the Tourney. I just dont see him do much against Solid NCAA teams and therfore I dont think I would take him #1. pry stayed around 1-4.

Adam Morrison- still scored 24 points in a losing effort against UCLA. I garantee u if he gets to Boston, they will select him in a heartbeat (for obvioius reasons..) He could be the next larry bird. 1-4

Dee Brown- The one man fast break didnt do so well in this years tourney and IMO is overated but thats besides the point. He didnt score well but rebounded terrificly and he has probably stayed any where from end of 1st to beginning of 2nd.

Sheldin Williams- had solid performances but nothing too drastic. A undersized big man. would be good for a championship caliber team.

James Augustine- A great Rebounder,one of the best. Would be a great choice in beginning to middle of Second Round.

Stock Falling-

Rudy Gay- hasnt performed well at all during Ucons run. He has all the potential in the world but needs to perform in big games so that he can raise his draft status.
anywhere from 2-7 depending on his remaining games.

Josh Mcroberts- Did zilcho in the tourney nuff said, a project

JJ Redick- had a terrible tourney only scoring 2 points in his final game probably dropped him a couple slots. 10-16

Ronnie Brewer- Did ne one even notice this guy in the Tournament? I sure didnt.

Now here are the possible top five guys I would want on the Bulls

1.Tyrus Thomas
2.Rodney Carney
3.Lamarcus Aldridge
4.Rudy Gay
5.Big Baby Davis

Now Here are the final 2

Rodney Carney and Tyrus Thomas, As you can see, I love Athletes, I think Thomas would be some sort of risk if we take him but Carney wouldnt and therfore he is the guy I want the bulls to draft, but I WOULD LOVE them to draft Thomas if not Carney.

MODS DO NOT DELETE OR MOVE THIS THREAD!! I WORKED SO HARD ON THIS!!

i would love to have either one of them on our team but the olny thing is they could be another 3-4 inches taller then they would be steller Thomas is only a freshman and could still gro a little bit like deng did but not enough i would still take aldridge. also i would think that Roy would be on your list of players that you would like to see in a bulls uni why was he not?

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Mar 26 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 83

If the Bulls take Morrisson I am gonna hang myself. Seriously.

He won't do crap in the NBA.

I like Carney but he was terrible last night.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 26 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #5

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

Aldridge looked terrible against a big bodied NBA sized PF< and that kinda scared me. He tried fading away all night instead of using his athletic ability to attack. I have some king sized doubts about this kid based on last night.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 26 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Aldridge definately played a bit soft last night against the big body player. That said he's still such a smooth player with so much talent (Aldridge is still quite raw though). However if Paxson feels he can trade for a very good to All Star big while still holding onto our pick I'd look for him to grab one of the SG's/SF's and hope one of that guy/Deng could turn into a SG.

+Quote Post
Timoperezrulez
post Mar 26 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #7

12th Man

Member No.: 33

We already have a Glen Davis on our team, his name is Michael Sweetney.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Mar 26 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 26 2006, 11:48 AM)

lol ya

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Mar 26 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Absolutely not. Glen Davis is twice the low post player Sweetney is. His low post moves are better and he is stronger. Baby Shaq....the real version.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 26 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #10

All-Star

Member No.: 21

One big difference, Davis isn't afraid to get dirty. He plays defense and rebounds.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Mar 26 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #11

Superstar

Here is something ESPN had to say about him...

Has a tremendously bright future ... Despite his massive body, he is ultra quick and skilled ... Moves well laterally, feels the defense, spins to the weakside ... Has great instincts in reading his opponents ... A very hard worker in traffic who is relentless on the offensive glass ... Surprisingly quick off the floor on the second and third hop ... Clears out space with his strength and frame ... Effective low post scorer ... He isn't always smooth, but he makes some very impressive moves and his footwork will eventually be there ... Gets to the free throw line ... Solid shooter from 15 ... Can put the ball on the floor and drive ... Good passer from the high post ... Productive shot-blocker ... Has a charismatic personality that will make him highly marketable in the NBA ... Nicknamed "Big Baby ... Concentrated on basketball as a high school senior, but also had a stellar career as tailback on the football team and was considered a big-time lineman prospect ... Also tossed the shot for the U-High track team ... In basketball, earned Parade and McDonald's All-America honors, was named the Gatorade Player of the Year in the state of Louisiana ... Averaged 26.4 points and 14.3 rebounds a game along with four blocks ... Full name is Ronald Glen Davis.

Glen Davis

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Mar 26 2006, 01:21 PM
Post #12

Superstar

And this from NBADraft.net...

Strengths: A unique player because of his unreal body strength. Most basketball players are not built like tanks ... Charismatic personality, similar to Shaq ... Excellent feel for the game ... His physical strength is virtually unparalleled for a player his height ... Has the ability to physically overpower players, but also has the skills and finesse of a smaller player ... Has tremendous body control, very soft hands and surprisingly quick feet, which could be attributed to his days on the gridiron ... He sets up strong on the block and establishes position immediately and can seal off players with a simple use of his off arm. Opponents can’t get in front of him ... Excels at squaring up from 12 feet and taking bigger players off the dribble ... Really understands how to use his body to create shots against bigger and more athletic players ... Does a good job of passing when doubled, seeing teammates on the wing ... He’ll surprise you with some of the things he can do both as a post player but also in the open floor ... Davis will step out of the paint and knock dow perimeter shots, has range out to 18 feet ... His mechanics are solid and has good form and knows when to pull up ... A complete team player and is very coachable as well as being a leader in the locker room ... Strong personality. Very poised in interviews and has a good demeanor about him ... Could guard some centers on the next level due to his strength ... Has great touch around the basket, especially with contact ... Has worked hard on his body chiseling 20-25 pounds from his 330 pound freshman physique ...

You know what, now that I think about it, if Glen Davis comes out, I wouldn't be shy on passing on Aldridge with the Knicks pick and taking Davis with our pick. This way, we still get our low post guy, and with the Knicks pick, we can trade it in a package because it is so high, or we could get our SG with that pick, taking Roy or Carney.

I also noticed that this is one of the ugliest draft classes in a long time! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Timoperezrulez
post Mar 26 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #13

12th Man

Member No.: 33

If i'm not mistaken, Sweetney had the same if not better numbers then Davis did in his final year of college.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Mar 26 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 26 2006, 02:06 PM)
If i'm not mistaken, Sweetney had the same if not better numbers then Davis did in his final year of college.

Sweetney was also what the number 9 pick?

+Quote Post
Guest_B-4-Bulls_*
post Mar 26 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 26 2006, 02:09 PM)
Sweetney was also what the number 9 pick?

First of all, good post, well thought out. Second yes, Sweetney was the Number 9 pick.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 12:42 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home