IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Deng's Mega-Contract?, Anyone hear about this?
hammerhead johns...
post Oct 1 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #16

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 1 2006, 01:30 AM) *
Hopefully the broken foot doesn't affect claxton during the season.

And joe johnson is good.

Yeah, Johnson's actual physical ability was never in question. I just don't know if he's all there, mentally.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Oct 2 2006, 08:39 AM
Post #17

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I don't agree w/ the Deng "he gone" comment. The Bulls would be very stupid to let Deng go unless it is part of a trade that brings the Bulls a legit superstar. Deng is very young as is far from hitting his ceiling as a basketball player.

He may not be as athletic as Johnson but I think he is close. He also has a good work ethic and good attitude toward the game which is something an NBA player needs. Deng will continue to get better b/c he wants to be a better player and is willing to work at it.

I don't think the Bulls should overpay Deng like Johnson was but they definately should make every effort to keep him.

+Quote Post
hammerhead johns...
post Oct 2 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #18

Bench

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Oct 2 2006, 09:32 AM) *
I don't agree w/ the Deng "he gone" comment. The Bulls would be very stupid to let Deng go unless it is part of a trade that brings the Bulls a legit superstar. Deng is very young as is far from hitting his ceiling as a basketball player.

I hear you, but if he is intent on getting 10+ million per year, then forget about it. Thank God that we have Tyrus Thomas in the fold.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Oct 3 2006, 08:54 AM
Post #19

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Oct 2 2006, 09:32 AM) *

He may not be as athletic as Johnson but I think he is close. He also has a good work ethic and good attitude toward the game which is something an NBA player needs. Deng will continue to get better b/c he wants to be a better player and is willing to work at it.

I don't think the Bulls should overpay Deng like Johnson was but they definately should make every effort to keep him.

Sometimes it isn't as simple as that. Sometimes your choice is to either overpay, or let someone walk away for less than you really wanted. Sure Deng is great, but he sure as hell isn't $16 million/year great, at least not yet. If the kid works hard on his outside shot, and adds that to his game, then maybe we can talk.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 01:56 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home