Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Orlando Summer League Thread
daa84
post Jul 7 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #76

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,906

i hope rose runs runs and runs ,....hes so much more of a factor when hes getting up and down the court
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 7 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #77

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Wow, so almost 30 points 10 rebounds now for Beasley?! Unbelievable how bad we are getting blown out.

+Quote Post
daa84
post Jul 7 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #78

10 Day Contract

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 7 2008, 05:53 PM) *
Wow, so almost 30 points 10 rebounds now for Beasley?! Unbelievable how bad we are getting blown out.

yeah but hes only 6-7 and his character issues have caused problems in the clubhouse

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Jul 7 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #79

Bench

Member No.: 64

Thank God most these guys won't be making the team. So many bad looks and TOs...

+Quote Post
Serbbojo
post Jul 7 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #80

12th Man

Member No.: 124

"character issues" i have yet to hear wat exactly these are. So far Rose has seemed to have more character issues with his 100mph speeding ticket

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 7 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #81

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

summer league pictures
Here

and Here

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 7 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #82

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

Stats:

Rose- 10 points, 2 boards, 4 assists, 5 turnovers, 3-8 from the field and 4-8 from the line
Thomas- 12 points, 10 boards, 3 blocks, 3-7 from the field, 6-7 from the line, just under 19 minutes played so a nice rate of production
Noah- 7 points, 7 boards, 2 blocks 2-5 from the field, only 3-8 from the line
Nichols- 12 points, 5 boards, 5-12 from the field (not a good sign that he shot more than the 3 key guys)
Langford- An impressive 13 points on 5-6 shooting, also impressive that his only other contribution to the stat sheet was one turnover
Curry- 0-4 with 2 turnovers, not a good game
Gray- 0-3 with 2 fouls in 7 minutes
Simmons- Somehow got 3 blocks in 9 minutes, but was also 0-2 with 2 turnovers

Beasley put up 28 and 9 in just under 23 minutes, that's pretty damn impressive. Took 21 shots to do it though, well below the norm for him in the efficiency department (though that might not be unusual in the league). While he'll still be highly productive, I can't see him getting that many shots as long as Wade is healthy.

+Quote Post
Soxbadger
post Jul 7 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #83

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 170

I think my feelings are documented, I just hope that Im wrong and today was an aberration. e

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 7 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #84

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Tyrus ended up playing pretty well then I guess. Rose looked like he played a bit better to in the second half but some say he looks to passive out there. I hope tomorrow brings a better performance overall for this team and we can get a W.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 8 2008, 07:24 AM
Post #85

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (Serbbojo @ Jul 7 2008, 06:01 PM) *
"character issues" i have yet to hear wat exactly these are. So far Rose has seemed to have more character issues with his 100mph speeding ticket

Then you didn't read any articles.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 8 2008, 07:27 AM
Post #86

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

This thread was ABSOLUTELY hilarious to read through. People already talking up B Easy and down on Rose. Guess what? It took Beasley 21 shots to score 28 points today. Whoopteedoo. That was against a team that had zero interior defense.

Derrick Rose is a point guard. Did you really think he'd work well with a bunch of scrubs he's never played with before? You all were on board with Rose, even though PGs are going to take longer to develop than a 6'7" SF with range (and that's where Beasley should be playing in the NBA).

If Rose scores one more point this Summer League you shouldn't be concerned. It's freaking Summer League. You know... it was a game where Kasib Powell scored 15 points, Keith Langford scored 13, Tyrus had a double-double. It means jack spiff.

Calm down!

+Quote Post
daa84
post Jul 8 2008, 08:17 AM
Post #87

10 Day Contract

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jul 8 2008, 08:27 AM) *
This thread was ABSOLUTELY hilarious to read through. People already talking up B Easy and down on Rose. Guess what? It took Beasley 21 shots to score 28 points today. Whoopteedoo. That was against a team that had zero interior defense.

Derrick Rose is a point guard. Did you really think he'd work well with a bunch of scrubs he's never played with before? You all were on board with Rose, even though PGs are going to take longer to develop than a 6'7" SF with range (and that's where Beasley should be playing in the NBA).

If Rose scores one more point this Summer League you shouldn't be concerned. It's freaking Summer League. You know... it was a game where Kasib Powell scored 15 points, Keith Langford scored 13, Tyrus had a double-double. It means jack spiff.

Calm down!

first of all, not everyone was on board with rose over beasley...and i think thats what this is about more than anything...in addition, beasley abused joakim noah, who is supposed to be in the lineup for his defense and rebounding...and those scrubs he was playing with? well thomas noah and gray figure to get quite a few minutes down low this year so he will be playing wiht them all year...and 6 TOs which came against the heats version of those scrubs as well, so thats a double edged sword

clearly to give up on this kid after 1 summer league game is beyond knee jerk, and absolutely absurd...and nobody is doing that...but i think the game emphasized the points of those who wanted beasley over rose

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 8 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #88

All-Star

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Beasley would look better early than Rose, especially considering the same thing happened in college. Be prepared for Beasley to put up very good stats the next couple years while Rose tries to develop as a PG. People are still giving Tyrus time after two years of relatively little progress (I'm sure others will argue that, really not the point here), Rose should get just as much if not more before we start panicking given his immense talent.

+Quote Post
Soxbadger
post Jul 8 2008, 09:03 AM
Post #89

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 170

Derrick Rose is a point guard. Did you really think he'd work well with a bunch of scrubs he's never played with before? You all were on board with Rose, even though PGs are going to take longer to develop than a 6'7" SF with range (and that's where Beasley should be playing in the NBA)

I dont know who you're speaking to but Ive consistently stated that Rose was not the player I wanted.

Ive had to listen to people for weeks now tell me how wrong I was, how Beasley was no good, how Rose was a superstar and was going to create a new Bulls dynasty.

/shrugs

I hope that I am wrong, its just one of those decisions that I always have disagreed with.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 8 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #90

All-Star

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8 2008, 10:03 AM) *
I dont know who you're speaking too but Ive consistently stated that Rose was not the player I wanted.

Ive had to listen to people for weeks now tell me how wrong I was, how Beasley was no good, how Rose was a superstar and was going to create a new Bulls dynasty.

/shrugs

I hope that I am wrong, its just one of those decisions that I always have disagreed with.

Quiet you, back to Soxtalk. tongue.gif

I think he's just saying that 99% of this board was grossly in favor or Rose leading up to the draft and now seemingly after the first sign of a hiccup people are flipping out. Personally, my position has always been that they're both going to end up being very good players, probably a slight Beasley lean given that he's more of a finished product at the moment, but I wasn't exactly going to flip out if we took a very talented PG in Rose. I guess people forgot that Beasley can play with all of the "character concerns" and him coming in a bit shorter than advertised (6'8 1/4" in shoes instead of 6'9", whoopie).

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 12:38 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home