> Official "Declaring for the Draft" thread
Balta1701-B
post Apr 7 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Figured we ought to keep track.

The Lopez boys from Stanford declared a week ago.

Eric Gordon Declared today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 7 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Jerred Bayless declared yesterday.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 7 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Eric Gordon declared a few days ago.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 9 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #4

Superstar

UCLA's Love, Collison reportedly ready to declare.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 9 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Chase Budinger and Marresse Speights have also declared, though supposedly neither is hiring an agent immediately.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Apr 9 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

espn says collison is denying he declared to go pro, but he probably will anyway

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Apr 9 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #7

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

Texas A&M's DeAndre Jordan and Syracuse's Donte Greene have both declared for the draft, but have not signed with agents yet.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8005086...clare-for-draft

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 9 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #8

Superstar

While he will be a good young prospect for the future, DeAndre Jordan didn't prove a thing in college and by him coming out I think he made a mistake, but I'm not DeAndre Jordan and I'd probably take the money too, if ya know what I mean..

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 9 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Mayo In.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 10 2008, 12:37 AM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 9 2008, 09:45 PM) *
While he will be a good young prospect for the future, DeAndre Jordan didn't prove a thing in college and by him coming out I think he made a mistake, but I'm not DeAndre Jordan and I'd probably take the money too, if ya know what I mean..

So who's your guy in this year's draft CBF? Randolph? Westbrook?

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 10 2008, 03:34 PM
Post #11

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 10 2008, 01:46 AM) *
So who's your guy in this year's draft CBF? Randolph? Westbrook?

I really like Westbrook because of his ability to penetrate and put some points on the board. I'm not real high on any of the bigs like Jordan, Lopez, Hibbert, or Thabeet; they all have their flaws and deficiencies. I'd like to know more about Randolph, they list him at 6'10 and he averaged 16 a game for LSU. I wonder what kind of offensive potential he has.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 11 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 10 2008, 04:43 PM) *
I really like Westbrook because of his ability to penetrate and put some points on the board. I'm not real high on any of the bigs like Jordan, Lopez, Hibbert, or Thabeet; they all have their flaws and deficiencies. I'd like to know more about Randolph, they list him at 6'10 and he averaged 16 a game for LSU. I wonder what kind of offensive potential he has.

I'd love to get Randolph but we'd have to trade Deng first and I don't see that happening. Randolph is a very tall SF not a PF. He'd get pushed around like a little girl down low with his 200 pound frame. If you are 6'10 and only 200 pounds that usually means you will never be a beast in terms of size. He will likely always stay skinny like Teyshaun Prince. However, with that being said, I don't think he's going to be a bust. I think he has star potential and at worst will be a very serviceable SF in the league. He's quick, rebounds well, shoots left handed, and is pretty atheltic to go with his incredible length. Those things will all make him a very good player at the next level. If he can improve his 3 points shooting he'll have the potential to be a great player or someone very good like Rashard Lewis. But for that to happen he's going to have to spend a lot of time in the gym.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 11 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I don't know about Randolph. He definitely has impressive physical gifts which gives him some nice upside, but he really seems like a classic tweener. He's far too skinny to be a real banger inside, and at least right now he's way too turnover prone and doesn't have enough range on his jumper to be a productive SF, and does most of his work around the basket in college. It looks like it'd take considerable work for him to fit in as a SF, and he'd need to add 30 pounds for him to have a chance to be a Chris Bosh or LaMarcus Aldridge type big man. He'd be a much better fit on a running team where he can still be a factor as a finisher while avoiding a lot of the banging. He could be a stud, or he could struggle to take advantage of his physical gifts like Tyrus, Darius Miles, Stromile Swift, or so many others. As of right now he doesn't really have a solid spot to slide into on the roster either. Tyrus kind of fills that same kind of role right now (he's clearly more skilled, but isn't as tough), Deng is entrenched at SF, and you have Noah and Gooden inside as well (not to mention Noc, who I hope they move).

I'm not a particularly big fan of anyone in this draft outside of Rose or Beasley though. Randolph could easily be the best prospect when our pick rolls around, though I think I'd rather take Westbrook personally. Yeah, he needs some work to be a real passing PG and that's an iffy proposition, but he can easily be somewhere between Ronnie Brewer and Rajon Rondo even assuming he never really develops a solid jumper or becomes a real floor general. If we move Noc and another one of those 4 frontcourt players that drastically changes things though.

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Apr 12 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 59

Am I the only one that would love to see us add Brook Lopez? I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day and he thought I was an absolute nut for thinking that. He kept bringing up the name "Chris Mihm", completely different player in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 14 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Beasley in

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:19 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home