IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2012 Pre-Draft Talk, Because it's never too early.
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 27 2012, 09:26 AM
Post #61

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 27 2012, 07:52 AM) *
Perry Jones is listed as a 6-11 SF/PF on nbadraft.net...I've never seen him play, can he seriously be an NBA 3?? That would be pretty interesting to say the least.

Some people are talking about him at the 3, but I feel like that's a good way to guarantee that he's a horrible flop.

He's a decent ball-handler with good mobility, but the caveat is always "for his size". He's a pretty mediocre shooter too. He's good enough at all of those things to have potential as a stretch 4, but it'd be hard for him to generate offense unless he gets significantly better in those areas.

His best assets are his length, explosive leaping and his very good mobility for a big man. Playing him at the 3 reduces the impact of all of those. There are other issues if he's a 4 (plays soft, lacks aggression and toughness, no real post moves), but those are probably a little easier to fix given his standout physical profile at his position.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 27 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #62

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 27 2012, 09:26 AM) *
Some people are talking about him at the 3, but I feel like that's a good way to guarantee that he's a horrible flop.

He's a decent ball-handler with good mobility, but the caveat is always "for his size". He's a pretty mediocre shooter too. He's good enough at all of those things to have potential as a stretch 4, but it'd be hard for him to generate offense unless he gets significantly better in those areas.

His best assets are his length, explosive leaping and his very good mobility for a big man. Playing him at the 3 reduces the impact of all of those. There are other issues if he's a 4 (plays soft, lacks aggression and toughness, no real post moves), but those are probably a little easier to fix given his standout physical profile at his position.

Not that I want him on the Bulls or anything I'm just intrigued by a 6-11 SF...Would he be able to guard/keep up with guys like Lebron and Melo?

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #63

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 27 2012, 11:04 AM) *
Not that I want him on the Bulls or anything I'm just intrigued by a 6-11 SF...Would he be able to guard/keep up with guys like Lebron and Melo?

He looks like Thad Young at best to me.....which isn't bad at all.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 27 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #64

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 27 2012, 11:36 AM) *
He looks like Thad Young at best to me.....which isn't bad at all.

I don't know, Thaddeus actually hit the college 3 and was always a SF. I'm struggling to think of a good comparison if we assume he's a SF in the pros. Transitioning from a college 4 to a pro 3 is fairly tough, most of the guys I can think of that did it successfully were more natural 3's that played bigger in college.

If you can convince him that he's a 4 and he develops his skills as a stretch 4 (develops at least some post moves, learns to defend the interior at an acceptable level, develop his jumper and driving just a little since he's never going to dominate in the post), he could be a star PF in the mold of Chris Bosh or Lamarcus Aldridge. I don't know how likely that is though, and I struggle to see how he makes an impact as a perimeter player outside of occasionally bothering people with his length.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #65

6th Man

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 27 2012, 12:01 PM) *
I don't know, Thaddeus actually hit the college 3 and was always a SF. I'm struggling to think of a good comparison if we assume he's a SF in the pros. Transitioning from a college 4 to a pro 3 is fairly tough, most of the guys I can think of that did it successfully were more natural 3's that played bigger in college.

If you can convince him that he's a 4 and he develops his skills as a stretch 4 (develops at least some post moves, learns to defend the interior at an acceptable level, develop his jumper and driving just a little since he's never going to dominate in the post), he could be a star PF in the mold of Chris Bosh or Lamarcus Aldridge. I don't know how likely that is though, and I struggle to see how he makes an impact as a perimeter player outside of occasionally bothering people with his length.

I agree if Jones wants to be successful he'll need to play like Aldridge or like Bosh use to play.

He just ticked me off watching in college because he was soft....if he was at all physical Baylor could have been elite his two years there.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 27 2012, 12:35 PM
Post #66

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 27 2012, 01:32 PM) *
I agree if Jones wants to be successful he'll need to play like Aldridge or like Bosh use to play.

He just ticked me off watching in college because he was soft....if he was at all physical Baylor could have been elite his two years there.

That whole Baylor team seemed like a bunch of athletes instead of a team of basketball players. There is a lot of untapped potential there, they just need to work on basketball IQ and work ethic.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 27 2012, 03:43 PM
Post #67

Superstar

Member No.: 73

In an ideal world I hope the Bulls can get two of Quincy Miller, Toney Wroten, Doron Lamb, Jared Cunningham, Will Barton, John Jenkins.

Quincy Miller is intriguing for obvious reasons; his size and long wingspan at the 3 spot to go along with his offensive skill set, the clean footwork, the smooth style of play. The only thing that worries me is the mechanics on his jump shot. He gets no elevation on his shot and he shoots it almost from his chin instead of above his head where he can use that length to his advantage. The ACL injury I believe had a lot to do with his inconsistencies at Baylor but if he made it to 29 or we could creep up a few spots to take him, he'd be well worth it IMO.

Wroten is a guy that's going to break you down off the dribble. He's Tyreke Evans like in a lot of ways. Problem with him is that with all the good comes a lot of bad. His greatest strength at the college level was getting to the FT line but yet he only shot 58% from the stripe. That's got to improve, as does his jump shot. He is a good open floor passer but with that comes the carelessness and the high turnover % when he tries to do too much. If he had even a decent jump shot, he'd be a lottery selection. I like his potential though at only 19 years old. Hard to find a lot of 6'6 SG's that are as athletic and can finish as well as he does.

Jared Cunningham is my wildcard. I like him a lot. He has a little Avery Bradley/Russell Westbrook in his game. He's a pest out there defensively and his explosiveness and athleticism remind me of Westbrook when he attacks the rim. The Bulls need someone like Jared that can handle the ball and attack the rim with reckless abandon while not giving up much on the defensive end. He is going to bother a lot of people there because he has such quick hands. I think he will definitely be there at 29, but you could probably also pick up an early 2nd rounder and snatch him up if you wanted to.

Will Barton is a player that's hard not to like. He is an igniter on the floor with his high energy and competitiveness. At 6'6 he has the perfect size of a 2 guard with the exception of his body weight. That doesn't worry me though because he still averaged 8 rebounds a game last season, which shows me that he can still perform at a high level and won't be one of those guys that shy away from physical play. Offensively, though his jump shot is still somewhat raw, he has a smooth release. He was known to be a little selfish at times and at times he plays like a low IQ player, but his athletic ability and scoring ability are undeniable. He reminds me a lot of Josh Howard. It just so happens that he was also picked at #29.. Bulls just had him in for his second workout this morning. I have to believe he is their pick assuming he isn't taken before then.

Then there is John Jenkins and Doron Lamb. These are my complimentary guys. I would not want to pick both of them but I want at least one, if at all possible. These guys are high % 3pt shooters and were atop the NCAA last year in that category. Jenkins is more of a stand still shooter than he is a shot creator. Lamb can handle the ball a little bit and also create for himself if there is space to operate. Neither guy though is going to be putting up any high light real plays in their careers. They are really good at one thing and that is shooting. I'd love to have either one, just as long as they came with one of those other players I have listed above.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 27 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #68

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 1,962

Jeremy Lamb is apparently slipping.

If there were some way to get a mid-teens pick and trade Deng for the #5...Barnes and Lamb/Ross seems to be slightly more realistic. And would be amazing.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #69

6th Man

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27 2012, 04:46 PM) *
Jeremy Lamb is apparently slipping.

If there were some way to get a mid-teens pick and trade Deng for the #5...Barnes and Lamb/Ross seems to be slightly more realistic. And would be amazing.

Was his shoulder officially red flagged? I did hear it was Toronto or big slip for him.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 27 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #70

Bench

Member No.: 109

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 27 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Will Barton is a player that's hard not to like. He is an igniter on the floor with his high energy and competitiveness. At 6'6 he has the perfect size of a 2 guard with the exception of his body weight. That doesn't worry me though because he still averaged 8 rebounds a game last season, which shows me that he can still perform at a high level and won't be one of those guys that shy away from physical play. Offensively, though his jump shot is still somewhat raw, he has a smooth release. He was known to be a little selfish at times and at times he plays like a low IQ player, but his athletic ability and scoring ability are undeniable. He reminds me a lot of Josh Howard. It just so happens that he was also picked at #29.. Bulls just had him in for his second workout this morning. I have to believe he is their pick assuming he isn't taken before then.

Then there is John Jenkins and Doron Lamb. These are my complimentary guys. I would not want to pick both of them but I want at least one, if at all possible. These guys are high % 3pt shooters and were atop the NCAA last year in that category. Jenkins is more of a stand still shooter than he is a shot creator. Lamb can handle the ball a little bit and also create for himself if there is space to operate. Neither guy though is going to be putting up any high light real plays in their careers. They are really good at one thing and that is shooting. I'd love to have either one, just as long as they came with one of those other players I have listed above.

Of those three, I have to think the latter two fit much better into our needs (and I think Lamb is the better overall player) and while there may be a higher chance of an all-around near star player in Will Barton, you're also looking at a much higher risk of a guy that just doesn't fit well into our offensive scheme.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 28 2012, 08:02 AM
Post #71

All-Star

Member No.: 21

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Source: Bobcats have five legit offers they're currently exploring to trade the second pick overall in tonight's NBA Draft.

+Quote Post
knightni
post Jun 28 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #72

Draft Pick

Member No.: 1,923

I hope when Davis gets drafted and gets his first check that someone takes him to a salon for eyebrow manscaping.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 28 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #73

Bench

Member No.: 109

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 28 2012, 09:02 AM) *
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Source: Bobcats have five legit offers they're currently exploring to trade the second pick overall in tonight's NBA Draft.

MJ...please make a stupid deal that allows the Bulls to get Bradley Beal

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 28 2012, 11:14 AM) *
I hope when Davis gets drafted and gets his first check that someone takes him to a salon for eyebrow manscaping.

I think he loves it. He was apparently trademarking some phrases related to the unibrow, lol

+Quote Post
knightni
post Jun 28 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #74

Draft Pick

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 28 2012, 12:18 PM) *
I think he loves it. He was apparently trademarking some phrases related to the unibrow, lol

Works so well for Joe Flacco and Alexei Ramirez.

+Quote Post
knightni
post Jun 28 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #75

Draft Pick

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 28 2012, 12:18 PM) *
MJ...please make a stupid deal that allows the Bulls to get Bradley Beal

I'm no expert, but I watch Beal and see Dwyane Wade.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 08:10 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home