Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Joakim Noah, A positive perspective
sport1016
post Jun 28 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #1

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

What we all forget is that a long time ago paxson said something to the effect of "the answer to our low post scoring isn't available in this draft outside of Greg Oden"

This pick falls in line with our WIN NOW mode.

Hawes could've been the pick if we are waiting to compete for a title 2-3 more years when TT matures and deng/gordon/hinrich get closer to their primes

But When we signed Ben Wallace, we went into win now mode.

Spencer Hawes would not have been our low post scoring savior next year. He is skilled, but having both inexperience AND a lack of athleticism against him he is going to have a hell of an adjustment.

Noah will be ready to back up at pf and c immediately. He can be a key reserve on a contender next year.

Paxson knows we still need a post scorer, he even admitted it in his post pick interview on ESPN.

So which is better for win now mode?
-Bring in hawes as your post scorer and get a reliable backup 4/5 in FA or via trade
-Sign veteran post player as noah's bball IQ and defense/rebounding will translate into being a reliable backup 4/5 immediately.

Win now mode? No question which way to go. If we need a post scorer to win it all in the next 2 years, that guy wasnt gonna be hawes. He might be Vlade Divac/Brad Miller in 4 years, but how does that help?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 28 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #2

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

I'm happy. Noah will replace Wallace once Wallace is gone. I think you're right that this makes us more competitive now. I really think we'll try and address low post scoring with the second round picks. I really think we're going to try and get "Big Baby" from LSU by trading Duhon and a 2nd round pick sometime in the late 1st round or 2nd round.

Either way, I think we are going to trade Nocioni and Duhon or some combination of players to get another PF that can score.

I happy with this pick especially since there really were not many options besides Noah and Hawes left on the board.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 28 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #3

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

Count me in with those who are fine with the Noah pick. He wasn't my first choice, but I'm not gonna freak out about it. I think he'll be one helluva player defensively and like Steve said, he'll take over for Wallace when Wallace is gone. This could even open up trading TT (and others) for a scoring PF, as I think TT would have more trade value than Noah since TT has at least showed a glimpse of being a star in this league.

+Quote Post
ChicagoBullsMadi...
post Jun 28 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #4

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,263

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 28 2007, 07:08 PM) *
I'm happy. Noah will replace Wallace once Wallace is gone. I think you're right that this makes us more competitive now. I really think we'll try and address low post scoring with the second round picks. I really think we're going to try and get "Big Baby" from LSU by trading Duhon and a 2nd round pick sometime in the late 1st round or 2nd round.

Either way, I think we are going to trade Nocioni and Duhon or some combination of players to get another PF that can score.

I happy with this pick especially since there really were not many options besides Noah and Hawes left on the board.

hell no! im fine with all this as long as we dont trade TT! TT is is our future pf

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 28 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 163

Noah will be Wallace's back up for the next few seasons. TT will be our starting PF by the time the 2008 season is finished.

But for now Pax will sign a veteran PF who can score down low.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 28 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 163

Well this is our guy.....

Noah

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 28 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #7

Starter

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:16 PM) *

Noah

laugh.gif Oh god, if we win an NBA Championship, I think Skiles needs to let it be known that there will be none of that during the postgame.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 28 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:16 PM) *

Noah

Oh god.

+Quote Post
heirdog
post Jun 28 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #9

Rookie

Member No.: 171

That's after playing an entire game and at the end of a long season...the man has energy to burn. I love the pick for where we were picking. For all those who expect him to fill out and become a big center, its never gonna happen. We are an up tempo team and he fits right in. Hawes is not the answer and you draft BPA as opposed to need. He would have been our pick at 2 last year if he had come out so TT is the bonus. So it would be Noah and Hawes or TT and Noah. I much prefer the latter.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 28 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #10

Superstar

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 28 2007, 10:25 PM) *
That's after playing an entire game and at the end of a long season...the man has energy to burn. I love the pick for where we were picking. For all those who expect him to fill out and become a big center, its never gonna happen. We are an up tempo team and he fits right in. Hawes is not the answer and you draft BPA as opposed to need. He would have been our pick at 2 last year if he had come out so TT is the bonus. So it would be Noah and Hawes or TT and Noah. I much prefer the latter.

None of that logic makes sense at all.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 28 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #11

All-Star

Member No.: 3

The thing I have to remind myself is that the Bulls play an up tempo game and I don't see how Hawes fits into that game. Noah on the other hand completely fits into there style of play.

Jermaine O'Neal, KG, Kobe are all guys that fit into it. Heck, I think you could make a case that Paul Gasol may not have even fit into the high stempo offense the Bulls tend to run (ie the squad loves to get out on the go in fast breaks, although we also have fantastic ball movement and a good half court offense).

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 28 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #12

Superstar

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 10:26 PM) *
The thing I have to remind myself is that the Bulls play an up tempo game and I don't see how Hawes fits into that game. Noah on the other hand completely fits into there style of play.

Jermaine O'Neal, KG, Kobe are all guys that fit into it. Heck, I think you could make a case that Paul Gasol may not have even fit into the high stempo offense the Bulls tend to run (ie the squad loves to get out on the go in fast breaks, although we also have fantastic ball movement and a good half court offense).

My god, we flip flop like John Kerry. We want low post scoring, but we play uptempto. And when we play uptempo and get no points in the pain, we want low post scoring.

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 28 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #13

Bench

Member No.: 66

Please tell me that Noah will at least be getting a haircut.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 28 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #14

Starter

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 10:26 PM) *

That's true about Gasol. He is pretty slow up and down the court, which is why there was talk in Memphis that the Grizz might take Noah. Then, they would have traded Gasol b/c Iavaroni is going to install that Suns-style offense, which Gasol doesn't really fit.

+Quote Post
heirdog
post Jun 28 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #15

Rookie

Member No.: 171

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:26 PM) *
None of that logic makes sense at all.

Then you sir, need to get some sleep so you can think clearly. Let me paraphrase:

Noah a better player than Hawes so Noah = BPA
Noah no real low post moves but fits our current defensive-minded system: hustle, length, rebounding, blocking shots
Pax loved Noah last year and he would likely have been our pick, thus no TT pick last year
We get Noah this year so net result: Noah + TT

If we take Noah last year, then he is not here this draft and we likely take Hawes.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:16 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home