13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumor: Chandler to the Hornets
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 2 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #31

Guests

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2006, 12:14 PM)
He's so over-rated its a joke. He got his contract and now expectations have went up (whether fair or unfair) and he didn't come even close to being a good player. He still comitts stupid foul after stupid foul and really in general is so incredibly streaky.

I have always liked his attitude, but for what we pay him, if we can get some good stuff for him and free cap space, go for it.

Chandler is one of the Top 5 best rebounders in the NBA and remember this was his first season not playing with Eddy Curry (His Best Friend) so I REALLY want to give him another chance. I think if we trade him now it will defentaley come back to haunt us! And WTF, Why are we suposeably trading him for PJ BROWN OMG The guy is 37 Years old. STUPID TRADE! PLZ DONT TRADE TYSON pray.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BuLLzDoMaIn
post Jul 2 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #32

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 105

Paxson is trading tyson if we get wallace i think. If we sign wallace he takes up alot of money. We trade chandler and get more money back so we can sigh free agents next season or we cant trade PJ. Dont forget we still got to resign Kirk ben noc and deng, Cant have too many big contracts here. and im sure none of them want to make less then what chandler is.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 2 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #33

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 2 2006, 10:18 AM)
Chandler is one of the Top 5 best rebounders in the NBA and remember this was his first season not playing with Eddy Curry (His Best Friend) so I REALLY want to give him another chance. I think if we trade him now it will defentaley come back to haunt us! And WTF, Why are we suposeably trading him for PJ BROWN OMG The guy is 37 Years old. STUPID TRADE! PLZ DONT TRADE TYSON pray.gif

I don't think Chandler is a top 5 rebounder simply because he can't stay on the court. Otherwise I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that cause he is a very good rebounder. PJ Brown would provide leadership, but more importantly he gives the Bulls an option to be players in both this years FA class and next years FA class, which could be huge when it comes to putting the Bulls OVER the top.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 2 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2006, 12:24 PM)
I don't think Chandler is a top 5 rebounder simply because he can't stay on the court. Otherwise I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that cause he is a very good rebounder. PJ Brown would provide leadership, but more importantly he gives the Bulls an option to be players in both this years FA class and next years FA class, which could be huge when it comes to putting the Bulls OVER the top.

Ya but we cant just GIVE Tyson away if we are going to trade him. PJ Brown will do nothing for this team. Tyson atleast did something and who knows maybe hes working on his offensive game this summer and may become a better scorer wich I think he will. Thats why I want to give him another chance. I hate this trade, it makes me sick puke.gif

+Quote Post
BuLLzDoMaIn
post Jul 2 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #35

Bench

Member No.: 105

You guys are thinkin so wrong about this trade. Your saying you cant trust paxson??? come on everything paxson has done has worked out GREAT.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 2 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #36

All-Star

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 2 2006, 10:27 AM)
Ya but we cant just GIVE Tyson away if we are going to trade him. PJ Brown will do nothing for this team. Tyson atleast did something and who knows maybe hes working on his offensive game this summer and may become a better scorer wich I think he will. Thats why I want to give him another chance. I hate this trade, it makes me sick puke.gif

I actually think Brown may have been a better player than Chandler last year, but I don't watch enough of there games to say that for sure. But Chandler was pretty spiffy last year so I'd be hard pressed if Brown wasn't better.

Now I'm obviously not taking upside into account, but quite frankly I'm sick of that word and Chandler cause its been a long while now.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 2 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #37

Guests

"The one disappointment in all this is Paxson saying the Bulls still value 7-footer Tyson Chandler, the way pigeons value roof tops. A bold move would be dumping his ridiculous salary"

that was a little piece of an Article talking about the bulls, well thats good. Atleast we still value him and I really dont think he will be traded.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 2 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #38

Superstar

Member No.: 73

It would be sad to see Tyson go, but if its for the good of the team then Im ok with it. Remember the 2007 free agent class is much better than this year. Dumping Chandlers salary will allow us to pursue another Big Time Free Agent.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 2 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #39

All-Star

The Spurs also will explore trading for a center. Milwaukee's Jamaal Magloire is on the market, Philadelphia and Chicago could entertain trades, respectively, for Samuel Dalembert and Tyson Chandler. Dalembert and Chandler would fit well with the Spurs. Both are young, run the floor well and block shots. Both, however, also have significant contracts: Dalembert has five years and $55.7million remaining; Chandler, five years and $54million.

The Spurs could have interest in Chandler, but I have no idea in what they'd be able to offer us that the Bulls would be interested in, so a 3rd team would likely have to be involved.

If we netted Dalembert (who I think is better than Tys) I wouldn't be opposed to such a deal smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post Jul 2 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #40

12th Man

Member No.: 117

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2006, 12:14 PM)
He's so over-rated its a joke.  He got his contract and now expectations have went up (whether fair or unfair) and he didn't come even close to being a good player.  He still comitts stupid foul after stupid foul and really in general is so incredibly streaky. 

I have always liked his attitude, but for what we pay him, if we can get some good stuff for him and free cap space, go for it.

ha ha... that was a funny post... overrated? hmm.. i think underated..

he commits stupid fouls? yeah.. i would agree to some extend... but some blame has to go to the refs too.. not all the blame.. but a little...

have u ever seen KG,ben wallace, Shaq.... Jermaine play? When i watch them play i always see some contact before the block and they get away with it... And u hear me yell out "What!! that wasnt a foul??!!!! jeez.. if that was chandler that would have easily been a foul..." ive seen it so many times... its not even funny....

I say we give him another chance... He was the only guy that was above 6'9 in our roster other than Luke... when a team only has one guy that tall i would attack the crap out of him knowing the refs would always blow the whistle on him....

in which teams did do that....

u know whats funny... i dont think no one complained when we reached an agreement with chandler last year.. everyone was just happy we signed him back because without him we would absolutely have no imtidation factor.... and then he has an ok season (not bad but not good kind of season) and everyone wants to trade him already... Pax is smart guys... he knows all of this.... theres a reason why Chandler got offered that big contract... I dont think hes ready to give up on him yet...

Plus the guy didnt even work on his game last summer because of his freaking agent. (which is a smart move.. u dont want to be injured when a new contract is on the way)..... And skiles says... why is everyone surprised?..... do u expect to him get better like that?? laugh.gif

Skiles is the man.. without him this bulls team would be nothing.. ha ha laugh.gif

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jul 2 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #41

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

By the way the source on the Hornets board that started this also called the Bobby Jackson signing which just happend. He definitely knows something.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 2 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #42

All-Star

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 2 2006, 02:59 PM)
By the way the source on the Hornets board that started this also called the Bobby Jackson signing which just happend. He definitely knows something.

Simmons - RIGHT
Jackson - RIGHT
Peja - RIGHT (and no one saw that coming)

Definately has some sources and connections.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 2 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #43

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Do you think theyd throw in Cedric Simmons? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 2 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #44

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I really want to give Chandler another year to try to prove something unless we get rid of him for KG. Otherwise, I want to see how he does this year.

Btw, didn't Jermaine O'Neal take 5-6 years until he actually did something worth noting in the league? Now look at what kind of player he is. Who knows if Chandler will ever amount to that (probably not), but there's always that chance. And, it's a chance I'm willing to take.

Also, for those of you worried about how much Tyson gets called for fouls, I don't think he'd have to worry as much with a guy like Ben Wallace playing next to him. He'd be much more free to roam around w/ Ben as our first line of defense and Chandler coming over to help, rather than Chandler having to be that guy who has to make the initial contact. We all know Wallace gets away with a lot of calls, and I think Chandler would benefit from having him be the guy that goes after anyone attacking the rim, which would allow Chandler to come over to help and get more blocks.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 2 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #45

Superstar

Member No.: 12

It took O'Neal 4 season to get it together. After his 4th season in Portland, he was traded to Indiana. Tyson is entering his 6th season. And that is a bad comparison, considering Jermaine has an offensive game.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:19 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home