IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESPN Trade Machine: Garnett to Bulls...
Steve9347
post Dec 11 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #1

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

I just did this for fun, to illustrate what it would take salaries-wise to get KG here.

Obviously, we'd also be adding a draft pick.

the expiring contracts of brown and sweetney makes them attractive... then you end up with Gordon and Tyrus.

I dont see how the T-Wolves could say no, and as much as I'd hate to lose those 2, KG would be coming in.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Dec 11 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Member No.: 21

I don't think that would be enough to get Garnett unless he asked to leave. I would have to imagine that someone out there could offer some star power to get KG, whereas the Bulls couldn't. Really if we were going to make a deal like that, Ben Wallace would have to be the cornerstone, as we wouldn't need him anymore, and we wouldn't want to carry that $15 million salary either.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 11 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11 2006, 12:50 PM) *
I don't think that would be enough to get Garnett unless he asked to leave. I would have to imagine that someone out there could offer some star power to get KG, whereas the Bulls couldn't. Really if we were going to make a deal like that, Ben Wallace would have to be the cornerstone, as we wouldn't need him anymore, and we wouldn't want to carry that $15 million salary either.

TWolves would never take on BigBen and his salary... any trade they make is to blow up the team and get young.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 11 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

That trade is stupid for us. Number 1 we are giving up almost half our team for a player that is almost past his prime. Remember KG has played 11 seasons and his knees are in bad shape. Besides, why would Minnesota want 3 power forwards?

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Dec 11 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 11 2006, 03:53 PM) *
That trade is stupid for us. Number 1 we are giving up almost half our team for a player that is almost past his prime. Remember KG has played 11 seasons and his knees are in bad shape. Besides, why would Minnesota want 3 power forwards?

You see KG when he came to the UC? Looked fine to me.

Plus that is hardly half our team. PJ Brown is irrelevant, Sweetney is fat, Tyrus is all potential, and we can afford to lose Gordon if we get a big time low post threat like KG.

You say that is too much but the Wolves would undoubtedly say that is too little.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 11 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 11 2006, 03:53 PM) *

You've said at least 3 times that his knees are in bad shape, and I have yet to see anything that backs that up. I don't know of too many guys putting up 20 and 10 with bad knees (actually closer to 22 and 12 for KG)...

He does have a lot of mileage on him, but he's probably got 2 good years left after this one, and he'd make us one of the favorites to win it all if not THE favorite.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Dec 11 2006, 04:13 PM) *
You see KG when he came to the UC? Looked fine to me.

Plus that is hardly half our team. PJ Brown is irrelevant, Sweetney is fat, Tyrus is all potential, and we can afford to lose Gordon if we get a big time low post threat like KG.

You say that is too much but the Wolves would undoubtedly say that is too little.

We'd almost certainly have to throw in at least a first rounder, and realistically they could hold out for Deng instead of the pick or Gordon and that wouldn't be that unreasonable for a player of KG's caliber (I'm not saying I'd do that, I'm just pointing out the T-Wolves side of things).

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Dec 11 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11 2006, 10:50 AM) *

AI will be headed toe the Wolves if all goes well for them. They actually seem to be a decent team with a bright future so I don't see KG getting moved. However, if they were to move him I can't see another team in the league making a better offer.

+Quote Post
CubbiesFan07
post Dec 11 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #8

Tyrus Thomas's #1 Fan

Member No.: 94

why put tyrus in there?

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Dec 12 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #9

I'm fresh.

QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Dec 11 2006, 07:16 PM) *
why put tyrus in there?

because the T-Wolves wouldn't do the deal without him in there.

As for the AI heading to T-Wolves bright future thing... that team is stuck in mediocrity, and AI going there would not put them over the hump.

Plus, i highly doubt he ends up there, right now the big, hot rumor is Golden State.

+Quote Post
CubbiesFan07
post Dec 12 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #10

Tyrus Thomas's #1 Fan

Member No.: 94

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Dec 12 2006, 08:05 AM) *
because the T-Wolves wouldn't do the deal without him in there.

As for the AI heading to T-Wolves bright future thing... that team is stuck in mediocrity, and AI going there would not put them over the hump.

Plus, i highly doubt he ends up there, right now the big, hot rumor is Golden State.

okay but the bulls wouldnt put tyrus in there... kg has what, maybe 3-4 years left him in? tyrus has 12? and tyrus will be a beast.. nuff said

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Dec 12 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #11

I'm fresh.

QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Dec 12 2006, 01:36 PM) *
okay but the bulls wouldnt put tyrus in there... kg has what, maybe 3-4 years left him in? tyrus has 12? and tyrus will be a beast.. nuff said

trust me. if the T-Wolves would ever let go of KG, the bulls would do this deal in a HEARTBEAT.

this deal = championship.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 12 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 11 2006, 04:19 PM) *
You've said at least 3 times that his knees are in bad shape, and I have yet to see anything that backs that up. I don't know of too many guys putting up 20 and 10 with bad knees (actually closer to 22 and 12 for KG)...

He does have a lot of mileage on him, but he's probably got 2 good years left after this one, and he'd make us one of the favorites to win it all if not THE favorite.
We'd almost certainly have to throw in at least a first rounder, and realistically they could hold out for Deng instead of the pick or Gordon and that wouldn't be that unreasonable for a player of KG's caliber (I'm not saying I'd do that, I'm just pointing out the T-Wolves side of things).

When you play 11 seasons since you were 18 years old your going to slow down faster than normal. What makes you think we can get Luol Deng and Nocioni resign if we take on KG's contract? I dont see a KG deal anytime soon in Chicago, nor would I wish it.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 12 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 12 2006, 02:28 PM) *
When you play 11 seasons since you were 18 years old your going to slow down faster than normal. What makes you think we can get Luol Deng and Nocioni resign if we take on KG's contract? I dont see a KG deal anytime soon in Chicago, nor would I wish it.

You know the remarkable thing? We really don't have a good idea yet of how coming out and playing a full 882 game NBA season starting when you're 18 will affect these guys when they start hitting their early 30's, because we haven't seen many of the guys who came out so early hitting hteir 30's yet. So for all we know, KG could wind up getting old at the same time as guys who didn't come out, he could fall apart before the end of this year, or he could last even longer, we really don't know how his body is going to react to what it's been put through.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 12 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #14

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 12 2006, 04:28 PM) *

because reinsdorf is a really cool owner and is willing to reward players for winning championships. Just ask paul konerko.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Dec 12 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #15

6th Man

Member No.: 214

The things teams request for players that are over 30 and have seen their best years makes me scratch my head. To give up Tyrus, Gordon, Brown and Sweetney and then more then likely a draft pick, is IMO way too much. They can have both the older guys, one young guy and a drat pick but to give up that much is inasne for a guy with only a couple years left.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:52 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home