Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am Impressed With Noc
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Wow, over the past 10 games he is averaging 17 ppg and 9 rbpg!! I like what he gives us night in, and night out. He will never quit and will bring that same intensity every night.

He will be a very nice backup next year if we draft a bigman or sign one in Free Agency. I didnt think he would play well against other PF's but his defense has been tremendous and his offensive numbers are improving dramatically while grabbing a ton of rebounds since Skiles started him about 2.5 weeks ago.

Ne one else impressed with his play? bullssmilie1.jpg
madisonsmadhouse
I love Nocionis guts. He isn't afraid when it comes to crunch time, and just feeds off of the adrenline. I never would have though he could succeed as a 4, but he does a great job of it when it matters.
The Dude Abides
5 double doubles in a row. Noch is going to be a star. He is by far my favorite Bull. I truly believe that he will make another huge leap forward next year. Just look at how much he has improved since last year...it's only going to get better... He will be an all star by his 4th year in the nba...
bulls91
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5 2006, 08:10 PM)
I love Nocionis guts. He isn't afraid when it comes to crunch time, and just feeds off of the adrenline. I never would have though he could succeed as a 4, but he does a great job of it when it matters.

he was great he was a little shaky at the beggining and he has realy steped it up i know for a fact that our SF position will be solid for a few more years.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 5 2006, 08:50 PM)
5 double doubles in a row. Noch is going to be a star. He is by far my favorite Bull. I truly believe that he will make another huge leap forward next year. Just look at how much he has improved since last year...it's only going to get better... He will be an all star by his 4th year in the nba...

I dont see him becoming a star because we got guys like Deng that are going to be at the SF starting spot for a long time and will only get better because he is only 20 years old! But I believe noc could someday win 6th man of the year or something like that.
bulls91
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 5 2006, 08:50 PM)

no dout in my mind ever sence he came here and i saw his intensity for the first time last year i knew that he was tough and would be an all-star one day.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 5 2006, 08:59 PM)
no dout in my mind ever sence he came here and i saw his intensity for the first time last year i knew that he was tough and would be an all-star one day.

My first impressions of Noc last year were that he was a wild basketball player who tries to do too much at once, especially late in games.

My opinions have changes. A lot. laugh.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Apr 5 2006, 08:53 PM)
I dont see him becoming a star because we got guys like Deng that are going to be at the SF starting spot for a long time and will only get better because he is only 20 years old! But I believe noc could someday win 6th man of the year or something like that.

I think they will both be stars...Deng at SG and noch at SF....no one could match up well with that, especially with hinrich playing the point...plus, hinrich could actually guard pgs his size and not be in foul trouble often bc he has to guard vince carter, etc.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 5 2006, 09:06 PM)
I think they will both be stars...Deng at SG and noch at SF....no one could match up well with that, especially with hinrich playing the point...plus, hinrich could actually guard pgs his size and not be in foul trouble often bc he has to guard vince carter, etc.

Only dilemma I see is Deng defending SG. I don't think he is fast enough.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 5 2006, 09:08 PM)
Only dilemma I see is Deng defending SG. I don't think he is fast enough.

I think he is athletic enough to compensate. You can't teach speed, but he can get quicker through training and drills...

I'd rather have deng be over sized, but slightly slow, vs Hinirch who is way undersized, but faster.

Plus, Noch and Deng both have tons of star potential and we are better when they are both on the floor. Plus, gordon can come off the bench to play sg...which would give us lots of flexibility with lineups bc we could still have deng or noch at sf and sometimes play noch at pf if he matches up well.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 5 2006, 08:59 PM)

Nocioni is good, but he is never going to be an all-star at the deepest position in the NBA... the guy isn't even a starter on his own team.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6 2006, 06:08 AM)
Nocioni is good, but he is never going to be an all-star at the deepest position in the NBA... the guy isn't even a starter on his own team.

um... he has been the last few games huh.gif
CubbiesFan07
Talk about stamina and effort that he puts forth. Hard working player yea thats for sure
Timoperezrulez
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6 2006, 06:08 AM)

I agree, dont get my wrong Noc has improved A LOT, but an allstar? are you kidding me? He would have to put up better numbers then guys like Lebron and Vince and Redd etc
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 6 2006, 10:10 AM)

Loul Deng is the starting SF. Scott Skiles might be running out a crazy line up again, but Noc is not a real PF, no matter how much he thinks he is.
Nocioni 5
Nocioni is a monster! By far my favorite player on the Bulls and in the NBA.

One thing I have been curious about, is it Noc, Noch or Noce? I have seen them all used and just wanna know lol.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6 2006, 10:39 AM)
Loul Deng is the starting SF. Scott Skiles might be running out a crazy line up again, but Noc is not a real PF, no matter how much he thinks he is.

exactly.. noc wont and shouldnt start next season cuz I expect us to draft/and or Sign a PF to come in a produce.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Apr 6 2006, 05:45 PM)
exactly.. noc wont and shouldnt start next season cuz I expect us to draft/and or Sign a PF to come in a produce.

Noch could possibly start if Deng moves to SG...I really like having both of them on the floor together. I think that hinrich at point, deng at sg and noch at sf would be a tough starting lineup.
Chisoxfn
Noc would start at SF for a lot of teams. Thats all I'm going to say, but some of you are vastly underrating Noc.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 6 2006, 07:24 PM)
Noc would start at SF for a lot of teams. Thats all I'm going to say, but some of you are vastly underrating Noc.

well he aint starting next year because Deng is better than him and noc cant play PF through the whole year, he is too small but he would be a nice backup.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 6 2006, 07:39 PM)
well he aint starting next year because Deng is better than him and noc cant play PF through the whole year, he is too small but he would be a nice backup.

I like deng a lot, but Noch currently is better than Deng...even though Deng should be better in the long run. Noch is a better outside shooter, rebounder, defender and inside scorer.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
Noc cracks me up...he gets all excited and reminds me of Rodman when he goes up for a big rebound. He has a ton of energy and he is fun to watch. Not to mention that he has done amazing during our playoff run.
Dont forget Deng though, he has done really well as of late too...i just get scared when he puts up too many jump shots, i like when he drives to the basket...in my opionion, he is more effective that way.
bulls91
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 6 2006, 10:10 AM)

exectally he has been starting for the bulls ever sence thay have won 6 out of 7 games.
bulls91
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Apr 6 2006, 10:19 AM)
I agree, dont get my wrong Noc has improved A LOT, but an allstar? are you kidding me? He would have to put up better numbers then guys like Lebron and Vince and Redd etc

he has olny been in the league for 2 years and labron has been in it for 4 just think in two more years and he is already putting up double- doubles every game.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 8 2006, 09:17 AM)
he has olny been in the league for 2 years and labron has been in it for 4 just think in two more years and he is already putting up double- doubles every game.

This is only Lebron's third year.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 8 2006, 11:17 AM)

If your thinking Nocioni can become better than Lebron, you have no clue about basketball. For your sake, I hope you do not think that! laugh.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 8 2006, 06:06 PM)
If your thinking Nocioni can become better than Lebron, you have no clue about basketball. For your sake, I hope you do not think that! laugh.gif

no am not saying that he will be as good as labron but he could be a very good SF/PF on day in the league there is a reason labron he is called "king james".
The Gladiator
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 8 2006, 09:59 PM)
no am not saying that he will be as good as labron but he could be a very good SF/PF on day in the league there is a reason labron he is called "king james".

Im glad to hear you dont think so tongue.gif biggrin.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Noc was the closest thing to a bright spot last night that the Bulls had. He had another double double, but was only 7-17 from the floor, including a putrid 2-8 from three, most of those of the open variety.
JPargo
Noc wasnt the only player out there trying to get us back in it back he definatley stood out last night for alteast trying. Loul's injury just messed up the whole lineup. The bad news is, we play the nets on tuesday. The good news is, the 76'rs play the Wizards on monday
The Gladiator
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 9 2006, 09:34 AM)
Noc wasnt the only player out there trying to get us back in it back he definatley stood out last night for alteast trying. Loul's injury just messed up the whole lineup. The bad news is, we play the nets on tuesday. The good news is, the 76'rs play the Wizards on monday

We have 2 tough games coming up though, The Nets, and Wizards. I bet we lose to the Nets.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
Lets not forget that Indiana plays Detroit this afternoon and Milwaukee plays New Jersey today too ~
Chisoxfn
If you want to mention development, etc, Luol Deng was the 2nd rated high schooler behind Lebron during each's senior season.

Deng has all the tools and talent to become a star in this league. I'm so glad we got him.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 9 2006, 04:41 PM)
If you want to mention development, etc, Luol Deng was the 2nd rated high schooler behind Lebron during each's senior season.

Deng has all the tools and talent to become a star in this league. I'm so glad we got him.

I agree completely. I think he will take a huge step this year bc he won't be injured in the offseason. and he will be able to focus on improving his game this summer. He and Noch should be all stars.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 9 2006, 04:41 PM)

Deng has just got to work on his jumpshot. Right now no one respects his outside game, so it is easy to overplay the drive and he has a hard time creating off of the dribble because of that. Someone needs to hook up Larry Bird and Luol and get this kid shooting 500 3 point shots a day. If Lu does that, he becomes a 25 PPG threat instantly.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10 2006, 07:55 AM)
Deng has just got to work on his jumpshot. Right now no one respects his outside game, so it is easy to overplay the drive and he has a hard time creating off of the dribble because of that. Someone needs to hook up Larry Bird and Luol and get this kid shooting 500 3 point shots a day. If Lu does that, he becomes a 25 PPG threat instantly.

Something Tells me Larry Bird Isnt gonna Help Luol This Offseason considering He is the GM of Indiana and there in our DIVISION!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 11 2006, 09:34 PM)
Something Tells me Larry Bird Isnt gonna Help Luol This Offseason considering He is the GM of Indiana and there in our DIVISION!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

That wasn't meant literally, more a nod to the guy with the most famous shooting regiment in the history of the NBA. In reality, I am saying Deng needs to do nothing but work on his jumper this summer. Period.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 12 2006, 07:16 AM)
That wasn't meant literally, more a nod to the guy with the most famous shooting regiment in the history of the NBA. In reality, I am saying Deng needs to do nothing but work on his jumper this summer. Period.

O, I thought u were serious biggrin.gif
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 6 2006, 06:16 PM)
Noch could possibly start if Deng moves to SG...I really like having both of them on the floor together. I think that hinrich at point, deng at sg and noch at sf would be a tough starting lineup.

Deng at SG?

There is just no freaking way that he has the foot speed. Do you watch every single Bulls game, or do you just follow them on paper? Because scouting basketball players ain't exactly rocket science. Anyone could see that he's an SF through and through.
The Gladiator
Deng is not fast enough to play SG. He doesnt have the Shooting Ability that u need from a SG. His best bet is to stay at SF or even move to PF if he adds 20-25 pounds of Muscle in the offseason, the only reason I say that is he played PF in College.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 12 2006, 11:17 AM)
Deng is not fast enough to play SG. He doesnt have the Shooting Ability that u need from a SG. His best bet is to stay at SF or even move to PF if he adds 20-25 pounds of Muscle in the offseason, the only reason I say that is he played PF in College.

Deng doesn't have the frame to put on much muscle. As has been discussed countless times, he gets physically abused by plenty of SFs at this point. There is no way in hell that he'll EVER play PF. SG is actually more likely, as sad as that sounds.

Get used to this idea, folks: LUOL DENG IS A SMALL FORWARD THROUGH AND THROUGH.

In terms of being able to play numerous positions, he is the least versatile player in our core (Chandler, Hinrich, Nocioni, Duhon, Deng, and uhh Gordon I guess). He can ONLY play SF.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 12 2006, 11:28 AM)
Deng doesn't have the frame to put on much muscle. As has been discussed countless times, he gets physically abused by plenty of SFs at this point. There is no way in hell that he'll EVER play PF. SG is actually more likely, as sad as that sounds.

Get used to this idea, folks: LUOL DENG IS A SMALL FORWARD THROUGH AND THROUGH.

In terms of being able to play numerous positions, he is the least versatile player in our core (Chandler, Hinrich, Nocioni, Duhon, Deng, and uhh Gordon I guess). He can ONLY play SF.

Tell that to Shawn Marrion, Tell that To Borris Diaw, Tell that to Charlie Villenaueva, Hell tell that to Andres Nocioni who played PF.

Marrion is a SF yet last year he played the PF position and he is probably a bit stronger than Deng. Look at Borris Diaw, if you would tell me you knew he could play Center youd be joking. How bout Charlie? He plays SF when thearetically hes a Power Foward or maybe Center. And then You got Noc who played PF when hes 6'7!?!?! Its all heart and determination. If they can do it, I know Deng can. Its just a matter of how hard he works this offseason. And honestly I could care less about his "Frame" that you keep refering to. I remember watching one night on "Quite Frankly" Chris Bosh says he NEVER LIFTS WEIGHTS!! This seemed unusual to me because he plays power forward. But he says he could care less about lifting, he works on getting quicker and beating his man off the dribble to get those easy points. Hes more of a faceup man.
madisonsmadhouse
Deng is never going to be anything but a SF. Period. If he works hard on his jumper, he can be one of the better ones in the game though...
bulls91
another double- double v.s. in hawks game. man was that a rough game and well fought.
madisonsmadhouse
8 double-doubles in a row for Noc... bringit.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.