Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: kobe wants to play for bulls
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
soxfan101
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3 2007, 09:00 PM) *
Where will he get minutes on this team? Behind Deng, Thabo, Nocioni (maybe), and Tyrus?

The situation i was referring to is if we did the trade for Kobe, hence it being in the Kobe thread.
eddog2
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 2 2007, 10:27 AM) *
I could see the Knicks looking at him. They have alot of players they could give up, one being either Francis or Marbury.

I don't think any team in the league wants any part of one of those 2. Including the Knicks.

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 3 2007, 04:07 PM) *
I watched Deng play in March Madness and I watched Julian Wright play, no question about it Wright was a more confident and better player. Deng was far from being more polished thant Wright is. Id say Deng was arguably more raw. Even now I bet Julian can shoot the 3 better than Luol.

I know he's more athletic but who is a more fundamentally sound player? Wright could very well become a star in this league but I think he has more to work on than Deng and he probably doesn't work on his game as hard as Deng does. With Deng you don't have to question work ethic or professionalism. Will that be the case with Wright? Who knows. Anyway, Wright has a lot to work on. He'll definately make the highlight real in his rookie year but I think it's going to take him 2-4 years to really start to hit most of his potential.
soxfan101
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 4 2007, 01:14 AM) *
I know he's more athletic but who is a more fundamentally sound player? Wright could very well become a star in this league but I think he has more to work on than Deng and he probably doesn't work on his game as hard as Deng does. With Deng you don't have to question work ethic or professionalism. Will that be the case with Wright? Who knows. Anyway, Wright has a lot to work on. He'll definately make the highlight real in his rookie year but I think it's going to take him 2-4 years to really start to hit most of his potential.

Well yeah it takes every player a few years to really reach their potential if they are going to reach it. Im just saying if we traded Luol as part of the Kobe trade we could draft Wright and probably get similar numbers to what Deng did his rookie season. In the long-run if I was choosing Deng or Wright id take Deng, but if im choosing Kobe or Deng well im taking Kobe bang.gif tongue.gif .
Steve9347
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 4 2007, 10:09 AM) *
Well yeah it takes every player a few years to really reach their potential if they are going to reach it. Im just saying if we traded Luol as part of the Kobe trade we could draft Wright and probably get similar numbers to what Deng did his rookie season. In the long-run if I was choosing Deng or Wright id take Deng, but if im choosing Kobe or Deng well im taking Kobe bang.gif tongue.gif .

yeah, i think if im choosing Kobe+Wright or Deng, im taking the former.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 3 2007, 04:07 PM) *
I watched Deng play in March Madness and I watched Julian Wright play, no question about it Wright was a more confident and better player. Deng was far from being more polished thant Wright is. Id say Deng was arguably more raw. Even now I bet Julian can shoot the 3 better than Luol.

You must have been watching a different player, that's about the only explanation for that. Deng was the best player on that Duke team, he averaged 15.1 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.1 blocks, and 1.3 steals, and he shot 36% from the arc in college, and averaged closer to 20 in the tournament. AT WORST he was Julian Wright with a better jumper in his time in college.

Wright is more athletic, but he is not as ready as Deng was.

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 4 2007, 10:09 AM) *

There's a big difference between taking 2 years to max out and taking 2 years to be a solid contributing player. Wright is a lot closer to the latter.

Well, the problem is it wouldn't be just Deng for Kobe, there would have to be other pieces involved, including probably Noc and very likely Tyrus and/or the #9 pick.

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 4 2007, 10:21 AM) *
yeah, i think if im choosing Kobe+Wright or Deng, im taking the former.

Um, that scenario isn't even close. If you're going to count Wright as a plus on the Kobe side (which makes no sense since it's possible he'd be here regardless, and we're not acquiring the pick), you gotta at least count Noc and Tyrus on the Deng side since they'd likely be leaving as well, or possibly that #9 pick.
DutheDoduhon21
update

Bulls are most likely suitor for Kobe
Posted: Sunday June 03, 2007 10:01AM ET
If Lakers guard Kobe Bryant becomes available this summer on the trade market -- and that's a big 'if' at this point -- the Bulls would appear to be the most likely destination for him. Bryant wants to go to a team that can be a contender immediately, and the Bulls certainly would be a contender with the addition of a big-time go-to scorer. Perhaps the only way the deal could work would be for the Bulls to re-sign P.J. Brown -- an unrestricted free agent who's considering retirement -- and include him in the package.

fropm si truth and rumors
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.