Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Official Draft Day Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
soxfan3530
DERRICK ROSE BABY!
ZoomSlowik
Maybe Miami hasn't lost their minds, though you never know when a trade announcement might come.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (HardWorkin'Hinrich @ Jun 26 2008, 04:23 PM) *
Man, no talk about our second round pick. Who the hecks it gonna be? A Vinny Del Negro EURO player?!?!?

Expect a euro player. All indications out of Chicago are that the Bulls will not be selecting a guy that will be playing this season, so they'll likely take a guy who will be able to stay overseas for a year or two and continue to develop.
Cowch
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 26 2008, 05:00 PM) *
Maybe Miami hasn't lost their minds, though you never know when a trade announcement might come.

That's what I'm thinking. There was sooo much talk.
dasox24
Westbrook taken by the Sonics. I had heard he had shot up the boards to possibly#4, but I'm still surprised he went that high. No more than 2 weeks ago he was seen as a #8-12 pick.
ZoomSlowik
Man, Westbrook at 4 is a bit much, he's really not ready yet. He doesn't score enough to play the 2 and doesn't handle well enough to play the point. About all I'd count on him for right now is defense.
HardWorkin'Hinrich
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26 2008, 07:01 PM) *
Expect a euro player. All indications out of Chicago are that the Bulls will not be selecting a guy that will be playing this season, so they'll likely take a guy who will be able to stay overseas for a year or two and continue to develop.

Has that ever worked before? All I keep thinking about is flashes of Drago.

AHHHHHH!!!!!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I thought they shoulda gotten Jarryd Bayless, I think he's going to be one of the top 5 players in this draft. I really like his game.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (HardWorkin'Hinrich @ Jun 26 2008, 07:12 PM) *
Has that ever worked before? All I keep thinking about is flashes of Drago.

AHHHHHH!!!!!

The Spurs seem to do well with the Euro guys?
dasox24
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 26 2008, 07:00 PM) *

After all the talk of how the Heat didn't "love" Beasley and the non-excitement on Beasley's face when he was picked, I'd have to imagine the pick will get traded.
Cowch
Yeah I'm surprised about Westbrook. I hope he does well. That team needs to improve.
Wanne
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 26 2008, 07:13 PM) *
I thought they shoulda gotten Jarryd Bayless, I think he's going to be one of the top 5 players in this draft. I really like his game.

Agreed.
HardWorkin'Hinrich
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2008, 07:14 PM) *
The Spurs seem to do well with the Euro guys?

I'm not talking about Euro players in general, im talking about drafting them and then having them sit overseas for awhile.
SoxFan1
Love goes to Memphis. No surprise there.
Cowch
I think Love will do very well in Memphis.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
They get lucky with Bayless here... darn!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
OMG HORRIBLE PICK!!
SoxFan1
Knicks fans are something else.
ChWRoCk2
Knicks fans are just stupid.

Who won't they boo?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 26 2008, 07:22 PM) *
OMG HORRIBLE PICK!!

So you've seen Gallinari play? Or are you just doing your best Knicks fan impression?
Cowch
HAHAHAHAHA! I love the Knicks fans hating their picks.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2008, 07:23 PM) *
So you've seen Gallinari play? Or are you just doing your best Knicks fan impression?

That, and the fact that I don't like drafting Euro players high EVER. Look no further than Darko Milicic and Andrea Bargnani. They're best when they have time to develop overseas like Manu and Luis Scola.. Terrible pick, considering they had a chance to get their point guard in Bayless!
dasox24
Seriously, Knicks fans, what the hell is your problem? You could at least not boo the kid while he's being interviewed...
Cowch
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 26 2008, 05:26 PM) *
Seriously, Knicks fans, what the hell is your problem? You could at least not boo the kid while he's being interviewed...

Maybe it's the reason they're bad. Knicks fans make them feel bad. There is SO much pressure on them.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 26 2008, 07:26 PM) *
That, and the fact that I don't like drafting Euro players high EVER. Look no further than Darko Milicic and Andrea Bargnani. They're best when they have time to develop overseas like Manu and Luis Scola.. Terrible pick, considering they had a chance to get their point guard in Bayless!

Because Darko and Bargnani are horrible players? There has to be some reason why Bayless is seen falling to as low as 12.
ZoomSlowik
Would the Knicks' fans have booed if Michael Beasley somehow fell to them? I'm thinking maybe...

I haven't seen Gallinari play, but everything I've read says he can play and should contribute right away, which is more than you can say for a lot of these guys.
Cowch
Clippers drafting a SG makes me think Hinrich might be someone they want.
ChWRoCk2
Galinari looks like he needs to add a lot of size, he could be good, Euro players are always tough to pin.
Wanne
I smell a Kirk to LA deal involving Brand in the works.....
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2008, 07:28 PM) *
Because Darko and Bargnani are horrible players? There has to be some reason why Bayless is seen falling to as low as 12.

Considering where they were drafted, yes. Ya think Detroit wants a redo to get Mello now? Gasol is really the only Euro guy I can think of that came in right away and produced. You could throw Dirk in there but he struggled his first couple years in the league.
Cowch
I can't believe how far Bayless is falling. I don't really like Alexander. I hope the Bucks see something I don't.
HardWorkin'Hinrich
Word to everyone on this board:

Bayless is OVERRATED!!!
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 26 2008, 07:33 PM) *
Considering where they were drafted, yes. Ya think Detroit wants a redo to get Mello now? Gasol is really the only Euro guy I can think of that came in right away and produced. You could throw Dirk in there but he struggled his first couple years in the league.

There wasn't anything close to a Carmelo Anthony or Dwayne Wade on the board. It's not like these other guys are going to come out and dominate right away. Plus unlike those schmucks Gallinari was actually playing and producing in Europe.

Oh, and Dirk averaged 17.5 and 6.4 in his second year. Not exactly struggling there.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I'd go big here if I were Charlotte but I'm not a fan of Lopez.
Cowch
Wow. That was a surprise.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Hmmmm Augustin, whats that mean for Felton..
SoxFan1
This is almost as surprising as the Westbrook pick.
ChWRoCk2
Brook is free falling, someone snatch him up.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Possibly Anthony Randolph here? I'm thinking this might be Lopez
Cowch
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 26 2008, 05:42 PM) *
Brook is free falling, someone snatch him up.

I doubt it would be NJ since they have lots of big men, IND probably since they just traded their center. They'll probably happily draft him.

Edit: oh well, I hope they get him playing time. Not that I think he'll be that good.
SoxFan1
The Nets are incredibly dumb. Boone, Yi, Williams, Krstic, and Lopez.
Cowch
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2008, 05:45 PM) *
The Nets are incredibly dumb. Boone, Yi, Williams, Krstic, and Lopez.

Maybe they forgot about the trade they made today. lolhitting.gif
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Lopez is pretty funny though hahaa. So is his brother.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Bayless now?? They just got TJ Ford, I don't get this..
Cowch
I bet they're stoked to have Bayless. Too bad they just traded for Ford.
SoxFan1
Decent pick by Indiana.
ZoomSlowik
Eh, Ford will get hurt eventually anyways, get some insurance. Not like he's a true PG anyways.
SoxFan1
Thompson is a surprise pick, but it's a MUCH better pick than Jordan or Randolph.
Cowch
I don't remember hearing anything about this guy.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
This guy looks like a buffed out version of Chris Paul face wise..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.