Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: April 22 - Bulls (7) @ Heat (2)
TalkBulls Forums > Help Section > The Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ChWRoCk2
Just about 2 mins left in this one lets get goin bulls
ChWRoCk2
Gordon fouled on the drive we need to make these gordon
Nocioni 5
omg this game is going to give me a heart-attack. so frickin close.
5 on Shaq.
ChWRoCk2
dumb play hinrich
nitetrain8601
Hinrich needs to stop getting stuck in the air. He usually is good with not doing that.
CubbiesFan07
goddamn what do we do, go for quick 2 and foul? or go for 3??!??!
ChWRoCk2
give it to gordon for the three or whoever is open
nitetrain8601
TAKE HINRICH OUT AND GIVE GORDON THE GODDAMN BALL. I MEAN HE ONLY HAS 35 POINTS AND IS THE MOST CLUTCH PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE OR AT LEAST TIED WITH KOBE.
TeaLeafReaderII
Win or lose... I can't complain...

Nothing but heart... I love this team. bullssmilie1.jpg
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Apr 22 2006, 08:31 PM)

well if we go for 2 wade will get the ball and drain both so the 3 is inevitable right now
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Apr 22 2006, 08:31 PM)

I just hope it doesn't come down to us having the ball with 2 or 3 seconds left and down by 3, because Skiles will fish that up by having Gordon in bound the ball to Malik Allen or some stupid spiff like that.
CubbiesFan07
ill complain. im tired of this spiff, throughout the game there were a lotta fouls the heat committed on the bulls that werent called. especially on duhon and gordon.

sometimes its ridiculous.

spiff haslem has been out the entire time too, we should have had this game! if haslem stayed in idk...
CubbiesFan07
HORRIBLE FUCKEN PLAY
ChWRoCk2
not good
CubbiesFan07
well thats game...

1-0 heat... man
Nocioni 5
WOW what the fish was that.
CubbiesFan07
was bullshit is what it was
nitetrain8601
Kirk choked again in the clutch like he usually does. Noc shouldn't have been given the ball. I guess this team has some secret hatred towards Gordon. And where the f is Deng?!
Nocioni 5
I am not one to be happy about an injury, but I really hope Wade is out for at least game 2.
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Apr 22 2006, 08:32 PM)
ill complain. im tired of this spiff, throughout the game there were a lotta fouls the heat committed on the bulls that werent called. especially on duhon and gordon.

sometimes its ridiculous.

spiff haslem has been out the entire time too, we should have had this game! if haslem stayed in idk...

We can't complain. I thought the game was called good. Refereeing is the last thing this loss should be blamed on.
CubbiesFan07
goddamnit
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (Nocioni 5 @ Apr 22 2006, 08:37 PM)
I am not one to be happy about an injury, but I really hope Wade is out for at least game 2.

It's only a cramp.
ChWRoCk2
Well now the game is officially over, good game by the bulls, they put up one hell of a fight, we should do well next game and fix some things.
CubbiesFan07
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 22 2006, 08:36 PM)
Kirk choked again in the clutch like he usually does. Noc shouldn't have been given the ball. I guess this team has some secret hatred towards Gordon. And where the f is Deng?!

yeah where is deng is right?!?!?? he should have been in instead of malik allen
CubbiesFan07
gay as hell... im going out now. damnit! ><

ill talk to you guys later.

good game though, we did a great job of coming back, and should have had it. night guys
The Gladiator
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 22 2006, 08:40 PM)
It's only a cramp.

Wish it were his ACL
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Apr 22 2006, 08:40 PM)
yeah where is deng is right?!?!?? he should have been in instead of malik allen

who knows, whoever is hottest in the game should play
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 22 2006, 08:31 PM)
Win or lose... I can't complain...

Nothing but heart... I love this team. bullssmilie1.jpg

You hate to lose this game, but I agree 100%. Great effort to comeback.
TeaLeafReaderII
the heat are a better team... at least tonight...

I don't think you can fault the effort of the Bulls tonight... they played hard...

I'm a little upset they didn't give gordon more looks... but I trust skiles...

they showed up tonight... Miami knows this isn't going to be easy.
Nocioni 5
Lets win Monday, and bring it back home to the UC.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 22 2006, 08:42 PM)
the heat are a better team... at least tonight...

I don't think you can fault the effort of the Bulls tonight... they played hard...

I'm a little upset they didn't give gordon more looks... but I trust skiles...

they showed up tonight... Miami knows this isn't going to be easy.

This is a good test for the bulls, paxson should see after this game and series what the weaknesses are for the upcoming year and who we should draft and sign.
Nocioni 5
^ Our weaknesses our pretty obvious, we need big men.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 22 2006, 08:42 PM)
but I trust skiles...

may I ask why? what the hell has he done to make u trust him? When is the last time hes done the right thing in CRUNCH Time! I know more about what has to happen late games then skiles does and im sure most of u do to. You give the ball to BEN GORDON!! NOT Andres Nociofucki, or Kirk(Give up the Game) Hinrich.
soxfan101
I was pissed when i saw Nocioni take that shot. Is it just me or does he seem to take the final shot or a shot like that a lot at the end of games. When we have a weapon like Gordon just wish we would use it more.

Key for game 2 is for Chandler not to foul out.
WHarris1
WHY DOES NOC ALWAYS TAKE HUGE SHOTS LIKE THAT?

Nocioni is not a clutch shooter in the league of Ben.

Give Ben the fuckin ball
WHarris1
I just realized Wade shot 1 less FT than our entire team.

Gotta love it.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 22 2006, 08:58 PM)
WHY DOES NOC ALWAYS TAKE HUGE SHOTS LIKE THAT?

Nocioni is not a clutch shooter in the league of Ben.

Give Ben the fuckin ball

Gary Payton was so far up Ben's ass, Gordon didn't have a chance to get the ball on any of the posessions within the last minute of the game. Payton played perfect denial defense, and they had to go to the 2nd option in Nocioni.
bulls91
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23 2006, 10:25 AM)
Gary Payton was so far up Ben's ass, Gordon didn't have a chance to get the ball on any of the posessions within the last minute of the game. Payton played perfect denial defense, and they had to go to the 2nd option in Nocioni.

they could have went to duhon or hinrich noch has really struggled the last half of the year and that woud not have been the best option. i would have gone with hinrich what was he 2 for 3 choices that skiles thought that would have been better. huh.gif
BuLLzDoMaIn
Noc just messed it all up taken that 3 pointer
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 23 2006, 10:35 AM)
they could have went to duhon or hinrich noch has really struggled the last half of the year and that woud not have been the best option. i would have gone with hinrich what was he 2 for 3 choices that skiles thought that would have been better. huh.gif

Hinrich and Duhon are horrible from distance. When it comes down to it, the next best 3 point shooter we have on our team is the guy who actually led the NBA for a while in 3pt%, Andres Nocioni.
bulls91
QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ Apr 23 2006, 10:36 AM)
Noc just messed it all up taken that 3 pointer

yea he did like a said that was not the best option but it was what the option that skiles made.
Nocioni 5
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 23 2006, 10:35 AM)
noch has really struggled the last half of the year and that woud not have been the best option.

um, Nocioni was our best player the second half of the year, arguably he was our best player the whole year. If Gordon couldn't take the shot, I would definitely want Nocioni shooting that shot. It sucks, its over lets move on to game 2.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
What can you do? Noch had the look at it at, it just didnt fall.Thats what basketball is. It just seems when it comes down to game winners it must go to Gordon. Remember when deng took that game winner against the heat on st. patrick's day? That didnt go in either and he had a look at it. Its alright though, they will come out fired up on Monday and hopefully tie up the series & then come home to sweet home chicago.
I love the playoffs! Its like Christmas for me laugh.gif
BuLLzDoMaIn
But why would skiles do that. We didnt need a 3 that fast. But if it went it we all would of said great play lol But w.e
WHarris1
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23 2006, 10:25 AM)

Thanks for the info Mike, I did not see the game just heard the last few minutes on the radio.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ Apr 23 2006, 11:34 AM)
But why would skiles do that. We didnt need a 3 that fast. But if it went it we all would of said great play lol But w.e

I don't know this for sure, but one of two things happened there... Either Skiles had them put up a shot quick hoping to lengthen the game into as many pocessions as possible, hoping to keep trading 3 points for 2 points while not letting anytime run off of the clock, or #2 Skiles told them to take the first good shot they saw, and since Noc got a quick look almost right away off of the out of bounds play, he took the shot.

To be honest, I figured Skiles would play for one shot, and try for the OT, but that is a personal preference thing right there. Do you want to play OT on the road in the playoffs, or do you try to make the game as many posessions as possible to try to maybe win the game? That's all about preference, and really the only wrong answer is the one that doesn't work that particular day...
madisonsmadhouse
Also this is the official word from Skiles on Gordon. From today's trib

MIAMI -- The Heat's defense against Ben Gordon in the final minutes of the Bulls' Game 1 loss on Saturday likely was a preview of the way they will handle the second-year guard Monday night.

"They'll probably try to pay more attention to me," Gordon said Sunday. "Maybe it will get my teammates better shots."
Gordon scored 35 against the Heat but had only two points in the final 8 minutes 21 seconds, largely because Gary Payton, an eight-time all-defensive first-teamer, was assigned to him full-time.

"When we started into our pick-and-roll game, instead of coming off Ben, they stayed with him," coach Scott Skiles said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.